US Capitol Locked Down - Shots Fired

Here’ ya go! Enjoy!

He’s been out to lunch for several years now. :smiley:

CNN is reporting that there was a child in the car with the woman. Police were seen carrying the child away.

BBC is reporting that NBC and other news agencies are reporting a “female driver” rammed the White House gates with her car, then drove to the Capitol Building, got out and started shooting before she herself was shot.

If you want to debate political implications of this, pls. start a new thread. Let’s keep this one factually based on unfolding events, please.

Thanks,

twickster, MPSIMS moderator

Damn, it’s 2:30am here, and I was just about to go to bed when this started. Now I want to stay up and see what’s what.

So you think she was gunning for Boehner, or a Tea Partier?

The incident began at the White House, and ended on Capitol Hill. We know she was gunning the engine of her vehicle.

They’re interviewing some sort of police spokesman in the street. He’s surrounded by reporters and microphones. Asked about the child in the car, he said something about he “believes” there was one and they’re “looking into that.” :confused:

Said the injured cop was definitely not shot.

I’m a little surprised no one’s gone to shoot video of the smashed gate at the White House. They just keep showing the scene by the Capitol.

“OK, since I’ve aced myself out of stopping at Dairy Queen anyway, let’s just see how far I can push ‘don’t make me stop this car!’”

AFAIK, the only guns involved in the incident belonged to the police. Do you have info to the contrary?

A woman with a child in her car rams the White House and flees, shooting at police? My first guess is that there were substances or mental illness involved, not politics.

A friend of mine that lives there thinks it’s possible the woman drove into the gate by mistake (because it’s a pretty easy mistake to make, I guess) and then panicked when the cops tried to pull her over.

The police say one suspect is in custody, so I guess she’s not dead. (Unless they mean the child.)

The woman was killed. The police officer that was hurt was not shot.

From the main story on NBCNews:

I wondered about that. I don’t know DC, but I can imagine someone being lost.

Latest from CNN:

My fear is: There was no ramming of gates, the woman got frightened of questioning and drove off, she had no gun and ended up being shot anyway… Just a tragedy.

Just saw that interview. All of the shots are said to have been fired by law enforcement.

Capitol Police have yet to confirm the woman’s status.

Police press conference in a few minutes.