US gov't to air-drop toxic mice on Guam snakes

That was my first thought as well; I know that many reptiles and amphibians only eat (or even see; their eyes only really see movement) moving prey. I have kept toads as pets before and they only eat something that is moving (not necessarily alive), although perhaps this isn’t a problem if the mice are dangling from the trees and moving in the wind.

From the article: “Unlike most snakes, brown tree snakes are happy to eat prey they didn’t kill themselves…”

Brown tree snakes do. Most snakes don’t. Which actually works out pretty well in this case, since brown tree snakes are the target.

Brown tree snakes are one of very few snake species that eat the corpses of dead animals that they didn’t kill themselves.

“I always get the shakes before a drop. I’ve had the injections, of course, and hypnotic preparation, and it stands to reason that I can’t really be afraid. Plus, I’ve been stuffed with enough acetaminophen to kill a capybara, so I’m already dead. But the fact is: I’m scared silly, every time.”

Come on, you rats! Do you wanta live forever?!?

It’s a shame they didn’t go with my plan to introduce snake-eating gorillas.

I cannot believe the depths that Columbia pictures will sink to generate PR for their latest entry in the Stuart Little franchise.

That was Dan Daly in WWI.

I heard about this years ago, and the damage these snakes do is pretty horrible. I was going to say “nuke 'em from space” but then I realized that’s probably the one thing that could actually be harder on the ecosystem than the snakes. Maybe.

It won’t work. What discourages passengers are things like emptying their pockets and taking off their shoes. Snakes, by and large, don’t wear shoes, or have pockets. They’ll breeze right through TSA checkpoints.

Just stuffing those things into the condoms is a nightmare.

The best part being that the gorillas won’t even survive through the winter, thus pre emptively solving the snake eating gorilla problem.

Nope. “Geronimouse!”

Well, I think so, Brain. But “Mice on a Plane”? Poit! Won’t people think it’s just too derivative?

That was Arthur Carlson, and he was talking to Randy Travis. Les wasn’t in the room.

Maybe the parachutes will be biodegradable.

Actually that was Arthur Carlson’s line, addressed to Andy (not Randy) Travis.

Ooo! Ooo! Tiny little snake condoms with squiggly snake instructions on how to use them.

I imagine that if any of the parachuting mice yell (squeak) anything, it will be “Idonwannago,” just like fledgling paratroopers do now.

Several hundred million Hindus disagree.

I’m seeing a new Pacific island religion starting.

This sounds like a job for…

[del]RACIAL[/del] SPECIES PROFILING!