Vulva's sensitivity to pain

(Bolding added)

This struck me as a rather clueless way to state this question. I figure that at least half of the Doper membership is virtually certain to know the answer to this one!

Of course I trust you. You’re a doctor. However, for anything less extreme than a crush injury (cause unstated) I know which acts up more. I can take and enjoy, and not in a masochistic way, a good hard sustained squeeze on my JT which, applied to the family jewels, would probably render me unconscious or at least wishing I was.

Incidentally, I plan on staying out of prison and so not being invited to actually choose between the two. :smiley:

While I think he’s looking for some sort of study, regarding just how sensitive it is, I will add my $0.02.
Had my hood peirced, didn’t hurt much.
Goalkeeper, got hit in the ovarian region a lot before I got protectors. The kind of I want to hurl, passing out kind of pain.

Could you expand on that a bit? Is the crush injury to the glans more painful, or more likely to result in permanent damage, or what?

Somebody mentioned the ovaries being the analog to the testicles in the sensitivity-to-relatively-minor-bumpings-and-pressures department. I was with my wife when she was having a gynecological exam in preparation for her endometrial surgery, and the gynecologist was feeling her uterus by pushing it up from the inside (using some kind of vaginally-inserted implement) and then palpating them through her abdomen.

She was extemely uncomfortable, of course, but she was tolerating it, until he started doing the palpation. Then she shrieked and tried to get away. He apologized and said that he had accidentally hit an ovary instead of her uterus, and said that the ovaries are just as sensitive to bumps and small pressures as the testicles are. Having received a few shots to the groin in my day, I sympathized with her. And she sure reacted like I did when I experienced testicular pain.

No, I’m not going to explain. Same damn pair of fools will try out the same position with the same result, and I don’t think it’s ethical to tell people how to hurt themselves or their dates.

When I had my vascetomy operation, the supposedly self-dissolving stitches closing the incision front centre of my scrotum DIDN’t self-dissolve, but just stayed there while the skin sort of grew around them; they were very uncomfortable and the doc refused to do anything (actually, he said “come back in six months if they’re still not gone”). They were causing me considerable discomfort, so I removed them myself; this involved digging away a bit at the skin in order to get hold of the stitches with tweezers and cut them. I bled a little and it was painful, but no more painful than, say, digging a splinter out of my finger.

A moderate rap or flick to the testicles, however, is incredibly painful; a kick or hard impact is incapacitating - ladies, the blokes aren’t lying about this one; the scrotum or any part of the penis is not the most sensitive of the dangly bits; it’s the nuts.

Please explain. I’m sure there’s many people here who are not going to use this to hurt someone, but how to avoid hurting someone! By the sounds of it you and your accomplice tried out a position, and found that it hurt a lot. I’m going to guess that there’s other people here who will get the same bright idea you did, except they might have read this and remembered that it’s not such a good idea after all.

At the risk of opening up a whole 'nother can of worms, possibly because the kinds of sensations that can be felt by the genitals are fairly specific, and (in the case of men) may have been surgically diminished at birth or later. I mean honestly, we don’t explore the world with our genitals. They are wired to experience certain specific sensations…but I’ve heard of blind people who had no hands, learning to read Braille with their tongues. I really doubt (ahem) a blind man with no hands could read Braille with the end of his penis. Sensitive, yes, but it’s just a different kid of sensitivity.

From here with a similar discussion

Child’s play my good man, compared to electrolysis.

And I can testify from personal experience that the scrotal sac is indeed quite sensitive to pain even in the absense of testes.

Happened to me too, 'cept I was maybe around 5 or so and it was on my grandpa’s (or was it my uncle’s?) bicycle. It was really painful.

Much worse though, is the pain of breasts getting hit. My mom was hit on one of her breasts with a round doorknob when she was a young adult. I’ve hit myself there by accident before (though the impact was nowhere near as strong) and it was painful in a way that would make me shudder at the mere memory of it. I actually cannot imagine getting hit in the gonads to be any more painful than getting hit in the breasts.

Have any fellow females here bumped into a doorknob or anything? Wasn’t it painful?

This makes sense to me, especially as compared with injuries to the glans (penis/clitoris). Testes and breasts are (at least in part) gland tissue which needs to be preserved and it makes sense that your body would warn you strongly “don’t hurt that!”