Was Obama drugged?

This is just getting ridiculous. He played the “don’t screw up” game and wasn’t prepared for Romney’s avalanche of bullshit so he lost. Let’s move on now.

I was expecting Romney to comically mess up in the debate actually. Obama’s timid performance surprised me but I don’t think he was drugged.

Romney performed surprisingly well. He told a lot of whoppers but he told them with a dynamic, confident, my foot is nowhere near my mouth style that I haven’t seen from him before. And frustratingly, Obama let him get away with it.

The thing is, he should have been prepared. He knew who and what Romney is so why was he not expecting an avalanche of bullshit?

I’ll deny that he was on drugs, knowingly or not.

But I would like to run with this a little because he did seem kind of out of it to me as well. Imagine, if say he was sick. Like, if he had cancer. I doubt that’s something he would share with us at this time in the election. Stranger things have happened. Not saying I agree with you, but I can appreciate the abstract thought.

Obama was drugged by Michelle’s anniversary pheromones. The effect was intensified by the rarified oxygen in Denver’s high altitudes. Al Gore said so.

Hm. Was the Choom Gang’s VW bus spotted in the presidential motorcade? If so, we may have an answer . . .

No, but extended campaigns do.

I think a lot of people were expecting that. Because of all the campaign screwups people thought he could barely string two words together.

Obama doesn’t do drugs, Obama is drugs! Fuckin’ deep, me.

I thought altitude sickness operates within a window–it only kicks in after being at altitude for a half-day or so and lasts for several days. Obama flew in right before the debate, so there wasn’t time for it to kick in.

I thought it was the other way around. It hits you right away but in a few days you acclimate. Longer if you intend to do serious exertion.

The real altitude problem was Obama’s stay in Denver in 2008. Some of you may remember it. His coronation. And his speech to a stadium full of maniacs. That was probably still in his head and his head hadn’t acclimated to the new reality.

The elevation at Hempstead, NY is 584 ft., BTW.

I suspect a more likely explanation is that Syria and Turkey started shelling each other that day and maybe he had spent a little time dealing with that.

You’re thinking of Salvador Dali. Nice one though :slight_smile:

Do you know who Dali was talking with when he made that famous pronouncement of his?

It only occurs in Al Gore’s head and with people with respiratory problems. Your average airliner is pressurized to 8000 feet. The newer ones are bringing the number down but generally it’s above 5000 feet.

Pilots in general aviation routinely fly above 5000 feet in unpressurized planes.

Curses! It only took 17 posts to find me out!

In another thread several Dopers claimed that there are plenty of Mormon Secret Service agents. It sounded like so many that there’s a great chance at least one of the agents on duty that night would be a Mormon. Just sayin’.

Drugged? Nah. Obama expected Romney to be doom and gloom, and the Obama plan was to be Mr Cool. Instead, Romney was Mr Sunshine, and Obama, without a backup plan, was reduced to droll and drool.

Oh, so it was sunshine he was blowing up our collective ass? I thought it was smoke…

Should we up the ante to Twelve-Dimensional Chess?

Obama isn’t a good debater. Maybe he’s usually better than he was last week, but I remember being seriously underwhelmed by his debating skills 4 years ago.