We have a new 'Libertarian'?

Bummer, Marley. I’m in a similar situation as you, only the name which I use elsewhere and would like to have has only posted one time. And, I actually think that was ME, since I used to read the board occasionally back in college, but by the time I became a regular poster I’d lost access to the email account I had then, and I couldn’t remember the password!

I’ve been wondering if I should ask for a name change, but I guess I have my answer now.

Really, though, it’s a good policy, I’m not saying the mods are wrong or anything.

(but, jeez! ONE post.)

Jenny, if you think that the prior incarnation was you, email one of the admins. If you can prove it to our satisfaction, we can make an exception.

For instance, we could give you the first letter or first two letters, that might jog your memory.

But it is such charming name, full of evocations of the romance of the South Seas!

For a reasonable price I will reveal the identity of the Doper who was traumatized as a child by the Fiji Mermaid hanging in Seattle’s Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe. Nope, not by the real dead guy standing in the back but by a fish with a monkey’s head sewn on. Pah-thetic. :wink:

Had he stayed, it could have confused even everyday Dopers. I saw “Libertarian: BANNED” and had quite the double-take before I remembered. :eek: :confused: :smack: