Weird toys you vaguely remember

I think I know what you are talking about because I had the same thing. It had white plastic rectangle, square and triangle “frames” with a groove on two sides and “fingers” on the other two. There were also “beams”. The frames could fit together and you would use the beams to make right angle connections.

Once you had built whatever you were building there were panels that would fit into the frames to form the walls. These were very thin plastic molded to look like bricks or whatever. There were also clear colored plastic pieces for windows, some of which were shaped like domes or something for “skylights”.

lesa - It looked similar to what you linked to but I’m not sure that was it. (To be fair I may have had a different version.) ** BraheSilver** - Somewhat similar but I’m pretty sure that isn’t it.

** Sqwert** - I think your haunted house game was Which Witch (aka “Haunted House”). It is now fairly highly prized among collectors.

Major Matt Mason.

Loved that toy line! :slight_smile:

1. They were rubber octopuses that were different colors and
    had stickey stuff on them. When you through them onto the
    refrigerator or wall they walked down or flipped down the
    surface. Maybe they were called Wakey Wall Walkers.

2. Those little cars that you needed to insert a penny into the
    back to make them do tricks or race around. Not sure
    but “Penny Racers”. God I loved playing with those on the
    kitchen floor.

Here are some that I had to put down cause I remembered them:
-Linclon Logs
-Heman Action Figures
-Care Bear plush figures
-Cabage Patch Kids (Dolls and Trading cards)
-MouseTrap (the board game)
-My Pet Monster
-Glow Worms

Nice call.

The cowboys I had were Johnny West. I had Geronimo and Sam Cobra - The Movable Bad Guy (which is what it says on the box).

Maybe someone here will prove that I’m not insane.

As a child, I distinctly remember a Return of the Jedi themed game that was based on the Sarlacc Pit / Jabba’s Sail Barge. The “game board” was about the size of a large mixing bowl and hard a cardboard Sarlacc in the middle. Jabba’s barge was a platform of some sort, and the pieces were miniatures of the characters in the movie.

I have a very vague recollection that the object was to cross a bridge over the pit, but I doubt it’s accurate. I’ve hunted occasionally for this game, but never found a mention of it online.

Please say that someone else has seen this alleged product of the early 80s.

BEST TOY EVER! There was also a fashion one for “girls” and I think we found out the plates were interchangeable. We spent much time making beautiful women with tentacles and horrible monsters with knockout gams.

One thing I had when I was very very young (early 70s) was a wooden car made by Playskool that came with a big plastic wrench and screwdriver and you could un- and reassemble the car. It was really neat and a lot of fun.

Cool lesa, it was Girders and Panels! The first sets featured on that site are much older than what we had, I didn’t even realize they had been around for so long. Mine was the version that came out in the 1970s, there’s a pic on the bottom of the page that looks just like it. I wonder if this is still kicking somewhere at my mom’s house…

Was it Battle at Sarlacc’s Pit ?

I have one! 16 inches tall, white hair,clear cheast w/organs that pumped blood and moves when you press the button on his back
You can lift his face and put these little disks in…strange strange toy.

I LOVE YOU FOREVER DELPHICA

Hmmm, a search on eBay for a picture says no. Plus about ten years too early. It was more a little factory with a conveyer belt or platform. My faulty memory is what has kept this a mystery for so long. Thanks for the name, now I know. They tasted nasty heh? I remember mine were delish, but I was two and my parents had to keep a close eye on the craft paste…

And copies on eBay, too! delphica, you’re the best! There’s one auction that ends in just an hour with no bidders yet, but it’s missing a few pieces … there’s another with apparently a complete set for a couple dollars more.

Yay! Yay yay yay!

Though it’s not a toy, no one hear has had anything to say about Garanimals.

It was a animal-themed clothing line where you can match tops and bottom. IE: A tiger top went with a tiger bottom.

Living in Canada, I don’t think I was able to get any, but I distinctly remember the ads on Sat. morning TV

Well, I go back farther than most of you. The toys I remember are from the 50s.

I had one similar to Grousser’s Capone cars, though not gangster themed. It was a stamped-metal plate with intersecting roads and wind-up cars. There were, IIRC, three levers at the front for control, two to release cars automatically stopped at a crossing and one to force a car to turn off the straight path. The board got stepped on too many times and was tossed out, but I still have the cars! :smiley:

I also had a pretty good collection of Meccano model-construction stuff. That’s the inspiration for the US Erector sets. According to the linked page, the idea was patented in England in 1901 and sold under the Meccano name since 1908.

Then there was a set of wooden building blocks in various shapes for making arches and building facades. They were stained instead of painted, and had plain surfaces, unlike alphabet blocks.

There were quite a few more (Lincoln Logs and a chemistry set, for example), but nothing I recall as being very exotic.

I Vant To Bite Your Finger

As a collector of monster stuff, I’ve got a copy of this.

Pulsar

lost(or probably broke) the one I had as a kid. Bought a new one a few years ago. After purchase had strange craving for cigarette and a nap.

Micronauts
I love these! I love going to old Toys R Us and finding Micronauts and Interchangables on top of the shelves.

Zoids/Robostrux
The same. The last one I bought was reduced from $30 to $10 because it had been in the store for over 15 years.

Does anyone remember MIGHTY MAX THE MAXIMUM MAN?

My favorite ever was called a “VertiBird”. It was a battery powered helicopter that flew around in circles from a base in the center, and you sat on the outside working the controls. It came with a man or two that you could pick up. But the fun really began when I surrounded the LZ with my moms house plants to make a jungle to fly through while trying to evade charlie. I cut the shit outta those plants and got my ass whooped good for it but it was worth it!!

Flat…

My favs from the 60’s:

Odd Ogg (sp?)
motorized thing that would move along the floor if you rolled a ball into it’s mouth. Mostly I remember the commercials (“Odd Ogg, Odd Ogg, Half turtle and half frog”)

and my all time favorite: Hands-Up Harry, a plywood cutout of an outlaw who you’d engage in a shootout with a dartgun. You could shoot the plastic guns out of his hands. If you shot his hat off,he’d raise his arms. And the coup de gras, if you shot his belt buckle, his pants would fall down revealing his striped longjohns.

Anyone mention Lite Brite? What was that and why did I waste time with it?

Someone mentioned electric football....LOVED it.  A great pre-video game era football game.  Never did really figure out how to pass and kick.  The guys had a little dial on the bottom that you had to trun to get them to run straight.  My brother and I would race the guys to determine which one would be the ball carrier.  Very loud and would vibrate a whole lot.  Such a crude game, but lots of fun.

Though not a toy, I had my fair share of Garanimals as a kid.  And lets not forget Underoos.  Think about the subliminal sexual messages those undergarments sent to a whole generation of pre-pubescents.

No one remembers the fine, if limited, selection of Mad Scientist toys?