What are your favorite songs that begin with the letter O and were released on or after January 1, 2000? See rules in OP {FINAL POLL ADDED}

RULES:

Submissions must begin with the letter O. Exclude articles such as “a”, “an”, “the”, etc. that begin the title. Example: “The Hokey Pokey” belongs in the H poll, not the T poll.

Songs must have been first released on or after January 1, 2000.

IMPORTANT: You must include the year of release with each submission. Entries that do not will be excluded.

No cover songs allowed, unless the original was released on or after 1/1/2000.

I humbly ask for everyone’s assistance in ensuring that we all adhere to these rules. Please politely point out any questionable entries.

Submissions are limited to 5 per person. Please do not post title suggestions or comments on alternative titles. This takes a little of the fun out of the process. It is ok, after the polls are posted, to name titles that have been overlooked.

If you edit your already-posted entry to make a change, I may not see it. Please do not edit your posted list or re-post your entire list – this gets confusing - just add a new post with changes or additions only. EXAMPLE: Remove “A Day in the Life” and add “Daddy Don’t You Walk So Fast.”

You are allowed to make changes to your entries (see previous paragraph) up until the time that the first polls are posted.

You must include the artist (not the composer, unless they are the same person) or your submission will not be counted.

Polls will appear in this thread once submissions begin to wind down.

Classical releases are excluded.

Final poll, also in this thread, will narrow the field to 10-ish.

Out of Time, The Weeknd (2022)

The Only Place, Best Coast (2012)

On Lankershim, Foxygen (2017)

One Day, Imagine Dragons (2021)

Och Solen Stiger Upp, Dungen (2001)

Only Love Can Save Us Now - Kesha (2023)
Ocean Avenue - Yellowcard (2003)
One Thing - Finger Eleven (2003)
Out of My League - Fitz and the Tantrums (2013)
Over - Drake (2010)

Ohio (Come Back to Texas)- Bowling For Soup (2004)
On Top of the World - Imagine Dragons (2012)
Oops …I did it Again- Britney Spears (2000)
One Minute Man- Missy Elliott (2001)
Ole Black ‘n’ Blue Eyes- The Fratellis (2006)

Once again most of my songs in this category are either pre-2000 or covers of pre-2000 songs, but I’ve got a handful nonetheless.

Once Around The Block - Badly Drawn Boy (2000)

One Day Like This - Elbow (2008) - A nice song about a nice day. We need more songs like this.

One Foot In Front Of The Other - Emilie Autumn (2012) - A song about her actual experience as a patient at an insane asylum (sorry - psychiatric care facility). Her tattoo is her patient number.

One of You - Mark Stoney (2007)

Outtathaway - The Vines (2002) - This is not the official video for the song but I think you’ll agree it adds a certain extra something to it…

Older – Sasha Sloan (2018)
On The Soul Side Of Town - Tower of Power (2018)
Only Girl (In The World) – Rihanna (2010)
Only One Too – Jewel (2006)
Out of Mind – Mikayla McVey (2022)

One Kiss - Dua Lipa (2018)

On Ira - Zaz - 2013 ZAZ - On ira (Clip officiel) (youtube.com) One of the best, most hopeful songs released in this century

Our day will come - Amy Winehouse 2011 Amy Winehouse - Our Day Will Come: Amy Winehouse Tribute (youtube.com) Not one of her best, but an average AW song is better than almost anyone else’s best

“Over When It’s Over” Eric Church (2011)

1. On the Run - 3 Doors Down(2011)
  2. Out of the Woods - Taylor Swift (2014)
  3. One Fine Wire - Colbie Caillat (2007)
  4. One Life - Hedley (2011)
  5. Only If for a Night - Florence + The Machine (2011)

Oh Love – Green Day (2012)
On The Floor – IceJJFish (2013)
The Only One – The Black Keys (2010)
Oxford Comma – Vampire Weekend (2008)

One Day - Sharon Van Etten, 2010

That’s a cover of a 1962 song by Ruby & the Romantics and isn’t eligible.

I don’t have a good setup at work to come up with a list, so I’ll add a list later if I have time.

Of the Mountains - Dan Deacon - 2009
Ohio - Dan Deacon - 2004
Overthrown -Thee Oh Sees - 2018
Onions Make the Milk Taste Bad - Melvins - 2014
Our Time - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 2002

Good lord, this was released 15 fucking years ago? It still seems like it was last year to me.

In contrast, this was released 20 years ago, and it seems like it was eons ago. This live version is the best version of this song.

I knew there was an old song “Our Day Will Come”, I was planning on verifying if Winehouse’s version is the same tune.

Thanks, Kimble.

mmm

Opium - Dead Can Dance

Oblivion – Grimes (2012)
Oh My Heart – R.E.M. (2011)
One Armed Scissor – At the Drive-In (2000)
Optimistic – Radiohead (2000)
Out of Sight – The Beths (2020)

Orange Lucie, Too ,2018
On The Ground - ROSÉ
Ocean of Tears - Caroline Polachek
obsessed Olivia Rodrigo 2024
Only Exception Paramore, 2010

Noooice!