what does desalinised water taste like?

I only drink pure distilled rain water and vodka. It has something to with my bodily fluids.

When making water on a ship any mistakes on making boiler water and it becomes drinking water. We ended up with salty drinking water one time. Those guys on evap watch were un popular for a while.

My parents’ town has reverse osmosis filtering to remove radium. When they were building the system, they specifically noted that they would add some minerals back to improve the taste. The main thing I can taste in different municipal water sources is varying chlorination levels, so I have little to say about whether the adding back thing worked.

i grew up in NYC. I have heard so many times and read the phrase: “new york city water has the best water in the nation” or some such comment.

over the past 20 years i have drunk exclusively water from a deep well.

Over the years I have been back to NYC to visit family and naturally have tasted the tap water. it may be pure, coming as it does from the mountains upstate, but it does have a distinctive chlorine taste, hard to disguise.

I always drink bottled water only when I am there.