What does Sex smell like?

I think the smell of sex always differs depending on the people involved, not only because of the level of hygiene that may differ, but also body chemistry in general. Since you’re a virgin, but have done some kissing and bumping and rubbing, then you may have already learned that each different person you made out with has their own distinctive aroma. If you’d had sex with each of those people, you’d have learned that although your body chemistry is what it is and you will always smell like you smell (barring major dietary and/or hygiene changes), the combination of your smell with that of your partner’s equals a new scent. So I think it’s extremely difficult to define in detail just one time.

That said, I once had a lover who believed that two different smells reminded him of the smell of sex: the smell of a chlorine pool and/or the smell of freshly mown grass. Once he said that to me, I can’t drive or walk by someone mowing the grass without thinking about sex. (Thanks, Scott, wherever you are! Can’t really go swimming at a pool without thinking dirty thoughts either.)

“Eau de Rut” smells like…victory. :smiley:

What?

I’ve never experienced the stereotypical “fish” smell - lucky me.

The smell varies from episode to episode, and, for me, at least, smells are a big turn-on (I have a very sensitive sense of smell, though). The smell (and taste) depends on the diet and general health of the participants, from what I can gather.

I was involved in some group activity once and the smell lingered in the air for hours after the festivities were over.

Stuff like spermine, spermidine, pyrimidine with a bit of putrescene.

Also trimethylamine content in vaginal secretion and its relation to bacterial vaginosis. btw trimethylamine smells like fish.

But please don’t say it that way next time you write a romance novel.:wink:

I would have liked to reply to you privately but it seems I can’t.

That offends me, and I think it’s an unfair generalization. Some people have done bad things in the name of God, and some people have done wonderful things in His name. I would say the good far outweigh the bad.

To say that anyone who believes in God is bad is just ignorant.

Sex has a very powerful effect on the human body. The skin heats and expands, the sweat from sex differs from sports and hard work. There s a strong endocrine release in the blood and this contributes to the smell. The pheramone release is also amplified because of sex. These smells remain on the sheets and pillow cases. There seems to be a change in the smell of people’s hair during sex especially girls , maybe because they have so much of it compared to guys, I have never known these smells to be anything other than intoxicating, it’s musky, acidic, salty from the sweat, and whatever cologne or perfumes are brought into play, I always loved the smell of the sweat from a girls body. Apart from taking a shower the smell from the dried fluids will remain on the skin long into the next day and, not to get too graphic, but you can still smell and taste it if you lick your lips. This has a powerful effect on your memory especially if you are in love. Few people ever really study the physiology of sex and it’s emotional and spiritual effects . When you see a guy and a girl deeply in love it makes you happy because of it. Holidays exist for this very reason, love exists in people and despite the myriad problems in this short life, holidays hopefully strengthen and uplift .

In only three more years, this thread will be legal!

You’d think by now the smell would have gone away.

I wonder if the OP has an answer to his question…or if he’s the 33 year old virgin.:smiley:

Mmmm! The heady aroma of Zombie sex.

It’s the smell of … victory!:slight_smile:

(It doesn’t smell much like napalm, however.)

Psst, Colibri, silenus beat you to it, in post #22.

Yeah, I just realized that. But he didn’t mention napalm.:slight_smile:

And yet no Marcy Playground references unless they’re hidden.

I wonder if any professors tried to turn him into an atheist.

Crossed my mind, but I figured it had already been done.

Mmmm, the sexy aroma of zombie head.

Smells like teen spirit.

Sex does have a particular smell, as the OP may experience for himself some day. (Maybe he has by now?) But I am reminded of a counter girl named Cathy at the Dunkin’ Donuts I worked at in West Texas straight out of high school in the 1970s. I was the night baker, and around 5am, Cathy came into the back after having filled a to-go order for some lady to announce, “God, that lady smelled like she’s been having sex all night.” That may not seem so funny reading it now, but it floored us with a laughing fit at the time.

I love the smell of sex in the morning. It smells like victory!

Nice!