What does this tattoo on my dog's belly mean?

The dog showed up at my husband’s workplace two days in a row. The first day, she had a collar on with the previous owner’s name and phone number. They called, and he hemmed and hawwed about coming to get her. Kept asking if anyone at hubby’s work just wanted to keep her, he didn’t know if he would come get her, etc. Hubby said the dog was very playful and active. Once the guy (finally) showed up to get her, she immediately began cowering, tried to run and hide, and didn’t want to get in his truck. She showed up the next day without her tags.

Thank you :slight_smile:

How do you know he is the owner who registered her?

From my experience, no, they didn’t contact the tattooer, I did. I suppose you could give them a try, and see if the name they have matches the one your hubby saw.

Truth is, I see a lot of pointer in her, but not pure. She just isn’t long enough, or square headed, or jowly. Coat looks fuzzy, too. She might be a badly bred pointer, a field line, or a mix - but I think she’s WAY cuter than the purebreds. She’s all smiley!

Sorry carnivorousplant, I misunderstood. No, I don’t know that they are the same person.

Thanks Fetchund, that’s what I thought too.

If I learn anything from the dog registry, I’ll update.