What is my vocal range?

I found a program called EzyTuner that says:

I’ve been trying it out and it seems to be pretty good. I’m not sure what a fourier thingie is, but the program that I downloaded which said it did them came bundled with spyware, the bastards. Anyway, here is what i’ve been able to deduce from EzyTuner.

My highest is a G# in the third octave at a frequency of 1568Hz and my lowest is a G# in the 5th octave at 386Hz. I’m not sure it was registering my lowest properly, though, because at what I felt to be my deepest the needle didn’t move at all. My normal speaking voice, as far as I can tell, is a C# in the third octave.

What can I compare this to?

I thought i’d mention, I can make my voice higher but not without getting really loud and having the neighbors calling the cops :wink:

Of course, a true vocal range is the extent to which you can sing with an appropriate tone. That’s an entirley subjective decision, so you’ll need to post some MP3s for us to decide… :wink:

That would be truly terrible, lol. Purely for novelties sake I am interested in the range of noises my body is capable of producing.