What is the Most Photographed Site in the World? In the US?

The moon? Everyone can see the moon, and it’s been around since photography was invented.

:slight_smile:

Yeah P/L , I thought about that too, but I don’t think I have any pics of the moon. Besides, were talking numbers of pics, the sun would probably be a better candidate.

I mean how many photos in all were probably taken outside during the day versus the night. I was going to say an ocean, but rasta… restricted the OP in size.

smile, say cheese…:smiley:

I believe that the Golden Gate Bridge is the ‘most photographed man-made structure’ in the United States.

The entire Grand Canyon is too big for the OP’s criteria, but how about Old Faithful? I don’t know how it compares to Niagra Falls, but either is a strong candidate for most-photographed natural sight.

And the sun probably would win, with all of the sunset photos people take, but I assume that “in the world” implies “on Earth”.

I thought about that, but while it is beautiful, it is really off the beaten track to get to it. That would limit the number of tourists that get there. The Eiffel Tower or one of the Disney castles is most likely man made object.

t-keela - "Besides, were talking numbers of pics, the sun would probably be a better candidate.
I mean how many photos in all were probably taken outside during the day versus the night. I was going to say an ocean, but rasta… restricted the OP in size. "
I didn’t mean to imply that the sun was smaller than the ocean.

…hmmm… maybe nobody caught that…:o

and airdisc
I also read that Mt. Fuji was #1 but was bumped by D/W Tokyo in recent years.

Buckingham Palalce / Tower Bridge / Houses of Parliament in London. (now the London ’Eye is up & running)
Opera Hose / Harbour Bridge, Sydney.
Leaning Tower, Pisa.
St. Peters / St Marks Square, Rome.
(The Vatican has the largest number of tourists of any site in Europe. Second is Blackpool! :eek: )

If you Google “most photographed building in the world” (with quotes) it lists about 10 buildings claiming the title. Who to believe…? :wink: