What is this strange garment (in booking photo)?

At his age, there’s always the possibility of a stroke.

:stuck_out_tongue:

So they have him on a suicide watch and dressed up in a suicide vest? Cause he got caught jerking off?

They’re very very simplex. Just a one piece vest shape that closes in the back with Velcro. There is no place to hide anything and there really isn’t any way an inmate can use it to harm himself.

Remember, when someone is in custody the liability for their safety is heavy upon the agency holding them. No chances are taken. Even an inkling of something can land an inmate on suicide watch or in special needs (2 separate places withing a correctional facility, but gowns are worn in both). No special hearing is needed to transfer an inmate to either, it is at the sole discretion of the facility (the inmate is already in custody, after all) and the inmate has limited recourse to get himself out of those locations and back into general population.

Um…what? (The last bit.)

If you work in a school and get caught committing a sex crime then you are in big trouble and your chances of working again are pretty slim. I can see why he might be considered a suicide risk.

This is a city where you can raise kids without them being exposed to every shit facet of weirdness by the time they start high school.

So there is some chance of a non terminally jaded kid passing Mr Jerky.

He’s 72. I’d doubt never being able to work again is a big problem. Never being allowed within 100 feet of kids, that’s a problem. (For him, not the rest of us.)

I want one of those. They look toasty and comfy, and I’d be the envy of my neighborhood. It would also keep the bears away.

What bears? See, it works!

They’re awful. A thick twill material that’s as comfy as a burlap bag. It’s rather scratchy and stiff as hell.

That sounds like the voice of experience. Worse than wool?

I got pulled off the road once and reassigned to jail duty for 18 months. (be careful of who you support in an election :rolleyes: ). About 10% of inmates end up in a location where the suicide gowns are required they wear. So I handled those many times. Not a comfortable fabric.

The Yahoo headline said that he was furiously masturbating. I guess that vest is for everyone’s protection.