What is your favorite sport?

Poor basketball. I do like it more than football, but alas, baseball takes the crown.

Cricket. I could watch it all day. Oh wait, I do.

I’m not terribly interested in sport, but if I were to choose one from your list, it would be cricket.

I do love cricket, but given a choice of only one sport to watch for the rest of my life, I would have to say Rugby League. So I voted ‘other’.

I voted for baseball, although it does depend a bit on how my favorite teams are doing in baseball, football, and basketball.

Has hockey really usurped basketball for the #3 spot in the Big Four? Somehow I doubt it… :wink:

FWIW, my order of preference is hockey > football (CFL > NFL if my team is playing) > pretty much anything else, including curling > basketball > baseball

Long distance sled dog racing…honestly!

I follow football,baseball,golf,hockey and non-american football, now and then,of those I prefer football.

I voted “Baseball” but I’m surprised about how poorly basketball is doing–only one vote at the time I posted this.

Seriously, I’m the first basketball vote?

Actually, that’s not such a surprise based on by how every NBA thread seems to die out rather quickly but a dying sport like baseball goes on for pages and pages here.

Clearly the voice of the Dope does not mirror American Society (nor Western Society).

Your potshot at baseball wasn’t necessary but I did point out in my previous thread that the lack of votes for basketball (both college and NBA) was a bit shocking.

As for me, I do follow basketball … college basketball. The NBA abandoned my state so, until Seattle gets another franchise, the league can go screw itself for all I care.

Me too, it’s league 2, basketball 2.

Cross country baseball?

Crazy Americans. For the rest of the world, there is only one sport. I believe that you, for some crazy reason, refer to it as soccer (that’s football for the rest of us).

Topless mud wrestling.

According to Howard Hawks, Man’s Favorite Sport is girls.

I only watch American Football. It started as something to share with my dad when I reached an age where we had nothing in common.

Now it is something to while drinking some beer with the guys on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

I only give a shit about international rugby. Unless the footy world cup is on.

It’s also referred to as soccer in Canada, Australia, South Africa, and Japanese call it “saka.”

“Soccer” is in fact a British term, though it’s fallen out of use there.

I’m not that surprised basketball is lacking in votes; I think it’s a lot of people’s second or third choice. (It’s my third choice, behind baseball and hockey.)

And anyway, this isn’t a scientific survey; the makeup of the SDMB isn’t the same as the world’s population. Hockey has almost ten percent of the votes so far despite the fact that Canada, with less than half a percent of the world’s poppulation, is the only country in the world where hockey is the most popular sport, and football’s wining even though the USA is the only country in the world where it’s anywhere near the most popular. So obviously the board is mostly American, with a very large Canadian contingent.

For a dying sport, baseball seems to be pulling in a lot of fans and has a lot of participants. What’s the evidence it’s dying?

What he said.