What organ is this, and why does it hurt?

Well, I’m a fool - didn’t go to the doctor yesterday because it didn’t hurt that morning, although I felt a bit under the weather all day. 4 AM today I wake up sweating and overheated although the house is at 68 degrees and played that whole “well I better sit around in the bathroom for an hour because I can’t decide if I’m serious about throwing up or not” game. Related? Who knows?

We did totally binge on delivery food yesterday because I haven’t been to the grocery store since this whole thing started, so I’m sure that didn’t help.

Sounds like it’s time to call the doc, one way or the other. Whether it’s gallbladder or GERD or even an ulcer (all easily treatable with varying definitions of “easy”), or something else entirely, it’s making you miserable enough, long enough, that you need to get it checked out.

TruCelt is right about the gallbladder not being rhythmic, I’d forgotten that bit. The organ does contract to spill out the bile into the digestive system but I don’t know how rhythmic it is; my own pain was (like hers) more of a constant thing.

For what it’s worth, I’ve heard gallbladder pain described as horrible, worse than childbirth, etc. - and I did not find that to be the case. Un-fun? yep. Wouldn’t care to do it again? yep. Shoot-me-now? Nope.

So, did you go to the dr?

If you haven’t already done so, here’s another vote for calling your doctor.
If I had to guess, I’d guess it could be a duodenal ulcer, but whatever it is, you have good reason to go get it checked out.