What would your caveman job be?

Cook. I do it already for my little clan of neanderthals, can’t see why that would change.

I’m a lawyer, so I’d probably be chief. Except I’m female, so that’s probably out.

Based on my general abilities rather than specific current job: Night watchman, story teller, and general clean-up… possibly also making and fixing tools.

My real-life skill would be just as applicable if I were a caveman.

I’d be the Tolkien expert.

I’m a programmer, so I suspect I’d be in tools and weapons development. Come to think of it, what I do now is little different than smashing rocks together.

I’d always keep the tribal idiot nearby, and spending most of my time looking at him. Supposed to be smashing rocks, looking at the Dope instead.

No offense, but I don’t think your ability to put together a good deposition would qualify you as chief over the big dude in the corner with the really big stick. Just sayin. :smiley:

She could sue him for custody of the stick.

Whack. Stick to the side of the head.
Case dismissed!

Yeah, but then there’s the personal injury lawsuit.

Dying in childhood from poor eyesight (things get blurry about six inches out) or poor teeth (I had braces, retainers, headgear–the works–and if I hadn’t, I wouldn’t have been able to chew properly, with no way to bite off pieces of things because my front teeth wouldn’t meet).

If the rest of the band had sacrificed to keep me alive, I probably would have died at the age of 25 when I had my pulmonary embolism.

Same here - my role would have been “vague memory of someone who died in childhood”.

Regards,
Shodan

Storyteller, bully, & thief.

A prostitute would still be a prostitute and a pimp would still be a pimp. Or would they?

A lawyer would still be a liar.

I’d like to do the cave paintings.

I’d be doing the paperwork for the tribe shaman, I guess.

Ditto on the really bad eyesight and various childhood diseases would have wiped me out thing.

If I survived, as a psychologist, yeah sabre tooth bait. Way too many Shaman to compete with for that to be a possible gig.

Otara

Lorekeeper. Honestly. Not so much coming up with the stories–though I can, and do–but remembering stories and songs and such. I can easily remember words and phrases verbatim, and for long periods of time. Fortunately, my eyesight didn’t get too terrible until recently. However, as it stands now, if it weren’t for corrective lenses, I’d be fucked (my left eye is now at the point where things are never clear, regardless of distance).

Given that I’m female - probably producer of offspring and gatherer of edible foods.

Also, basket weaving and sewing skins (I’m a weaver and leathercarver IRL)

Supply Chain. Whatever you need, I’ll get it. Somehow.

I will be happy to murder the people ahead of you in line for tribal shaman, and thus force your ascendency to the position, for a small fee.