What's the least funny movie ever?

I have absolutely no idea where they were getting “funny” from. There’s no way in hell any of it was intended to be funny.

I’m going second NDP’s Mars Attacks, which could – should – have been a wonderful movie.

And mention again my recent disappointment with The Importance of Being Earnest.

My memory of this is vague - thank God - but I remember thinking that The Whole Nine Yards was desperately unamusing, and confusing to boot. One bit that I do remember was was two gangsters dying in a burning car and this being played for laughs. Waka waka!

However a quick scan on IMDB shows a surprising level of support.

And Ebert gave it three stars.

And they did make a sequel.

Am I missing something?

Liar Liar was very unfunny (I saw it in a theater and no one in the audience laughed at any of it), but not painfully so. The jokes weren’t exactly misfires; they were just terminally mediocre.

1. Haven’t seen it
  2. Strongly agree
  3. Strongly agree

My picks: The Grinch with Jim Carrey, and Home Alone.

Super Troopers was the worst movie I’ve seen recently. I turned it off after 30 minutes.

*Space Truckers *
W … T … F ???

I know this thread is about movies, but Larry David is the most unfunny person I have ever had the misfortune of seeing. He just makes me cringe.

That Dana Carvey film? Master of Disguise? Yeah, not funny.

My husband has such bad taste in movies.

If I may disagree that the least funny movie of all time must be intended as a comedy, I would like to nominate Leaving Las Vegas. Not a lot of laughs in that one.

Going along with the OP, Canadian Bacon is pretty awful. The only remotely funny scene is where they force them to write their anti-Canuck graffiti in French as well, but that gag is lifted from Monty Python so there you have it.

I don’t think it works, though, if a large portion of people find it funny yet others don’t. I acknowledge Monty Python is not funny to many people, but there’s tons who find it hilarious. I found the Big Liebowski kind of stupid and Anchormen worse, but lots of people find them both funny. I think it has to be a movie that many people - really, the majority - find unfunny.

I’ll second the nomination for the Jerk. Maybe Bruce Almighty? But there were a couple of funny scenes in there. I don’t really think this can be conclusively decided, actually.

What, no hate for Leonard Part 6?

Or no one wants to admit they saw any part of it?

(I saw the beginning as part of a double-feature in which E.T. was the first. I did not stay till the end.)

Yeah, I only remember a single joke that made me laugh in the entire movie: “wow… that’s one specific farmer.”

Then you have a better memory then me… the only thing I can remember is wanting those 2 hours of my life back…even the dog bit me to tell me how bad a movie that was.

I liked it.

I agree with you about the horrors of Canadian Bacon - Moore can do the political schtick, but he doesn’t have enough subtlety for a comedy.

I know I’m a very small minority with this one, but I found Team America: World Police to be almost completely lacking in actual humor.

OK, I guess someone has to come in here to defend The Jerk. I am not even a huge Steve Martin fan, I enjoy maybe 50% of his films, but I thought that was one of the good ones. Steve Martin tends to be a bit too blatantly silly and slapstick for me, but this is one film in which it worked. I still love the line, “I was born a poor black child.”

I’d say either *Rush Hour * or *Bad Boys * for recent films and throw in It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World to represent the older films.

blasphamy!!

Broken Lizard’s Club Dread is the most unfunny comedy I have personally witnessed. It stars Bill Paxton as a Jimmy Buffet-esque singer/owner of a resort under seige by a serial killer. If simultaneously fails as a Scary Movie spoof, Scream genre mocking film and as an Evil Dead witty horror comedy. Not even Brittany Daniels (Joe Dirt) running around in a bikini for half the film makes it watchable.

Agree.

Very few laughs. And I liked the aforementioned Super Troopers. It wasn’t consistently funny by any stretch of the imagination end to end, but you need to find it funny when the cop orders a burger at the fast food place and the kid says into the microphone, “it’s for a cop.”

And the “yes sir / yeah sure” bit is damn near a classic.

Club Dread, OTOH, had NOTHING. I mean, Pina Colada Burg? Who wrote that thing, an 8th grader?

I love It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World!

I would love to (but unfortunately probably never will) see The Day the Clown Cried, which I always thought may have influenced Life is Beautiful.