What's your favorite sauce?

To each his own, but I SO SO SO do not get this:

GAH!!!

Frank’s Red Hot Chili Lime - I really do put that shit on everything. Well, not everything, but lots of things.

Second is probably Bull’s-Eye barbecue sauce - I’ve tried most of the bottled barbecue sauces, and this is the best I’ve found.

What’s to get? Sweet sauces aren’t my thing, either, but for a sweet barbecue sauce (like a honey barbecue), those proportions don’t seem weird to me.

Also, note how much cider vinegar that is cut with. All that goes into a one gallon jug. That’s cut with at least 6 cups of cider vinegar, so it should actually be a reasonable balance between sweet and sour. If it’s the sweetness you’re commenting on, look at a recipe like this, which is pretty much all sugar, with no vinegar for balance.

Actually, now I’m quite curious to try it (AlphaTwit’s recipe, that is, not the linked one.)

Second, this. I also add a bit of fresh garlic, a dash of balsamic vinegar and a pinch of sugar. The last two are good if you are using grocery store basil, which can be a little bland. I actually prefer walnuts to pine nuts–they give it more body, I think.

Concur on the Bull’s-Eye. One of the easiest dinners we make sometimes is a baked sweet potato, with Bull’s Eye + cheese.

Mr. Shoe luurves him some Frank’s. I’ll look for the Chili Lime version. Cholula has come out with a chili lime version, which is good, and a chipotle version, which is AwesomeSauce.

This is why I read threads before posting because I was going to say the same thing complete with the same link so I will add this link. I put it on everything from eggs to burgers.

Pickapeppa Sauce has a multitude of uses. I occasionally will rub it on steaks before putting them on the grill. It’s also great over a block of cream cheese and then served with crackers.

I like lots of sauces, depending on what’s being covered with them, but I have yet to try Frim-Fram Sauce as described by Diana Krall - Frim Fram Sauce (Nat Cole’s lyrics)

There’s even a recipe worth playing with.

This is the part where I beg you to share this recipe.

It’s a tough call to pick one favorite, but I’m tossing my vote to Pioneer Woman’s whiskey maple cream sauce. Obscenely delicious.

GARLIC!!! How could I forget garlic? :smack:

Jezebel sauce. Which a restaurant here serves with deep fired onion and jalapeno strips. Mmmmmm…!

Mole.

Haven’t made my own yet, but I’m gonna have fun experimenting!

And I’d kill to have a taste of the black mole sauce Rick Bayless spent years perfecting!
~VOW

You can get NM green chiles shipped to you! These guys are great: http://www.dagiftbasket.com/

They even shipped to me when I lived in Hawaii.

My fave at the moment is Thai Chili Sauce. The kind bought at the store. My fallback is Sriracha.

But those are for Asian meals we eat. For everything else, it’s chipotle, harrisa, jalapeno, habanero, or any combo of the above. We have about a bajillion combos in the fridge. Green chile even provides a small kick and flavor without detracting from the flavor of the food. We usually cook it without anything and then add to our separate plates later (he’s Mexican, I’m Caucasian). He also seems to like salt a whole lot more than I do.