Where is your college diploma?/Where's the oddest place you've seen one?

Mine is in the computer system of my college, never has been printed.

I matriculated in May '99 but due to a recording error on the part of one of my professors–she accidentally recorded my B+ grade as an Incomplete–I didn’t get my actual diploma. I got the folder, and a slip of paper telling me that I didn’t complete my requirements blah blah blah.

I got the grade fixed but never got around to getting my diploma. Now, 9 years later, they want something like $50 (it might be more) to print it for me–noooo thank you! The important thing is that I did actually graduate. The piece of pretty paper would’ve been nice but… whatev.

BA’s in a box somewhere with books and things, and higher ones are in the folders they came in with a bunch of important papers like tax forms and immigration paperwork since I’ve been warned that I might be asked for them when applying for a work permit. Not sure if I’ll get them framed for an office wall when I get a real job-- it’s always seemed sort of both pompous and a given, in that setting.

My university diplomas are framed and hang on the wall of my office, along with two P.E. certificates and a certificate from ASFPM. Par for the course for civil engineers. Everyone must know where you went to Engineering School so that you can be teased properly.

The strangest thing I’ve seen done with diplomas:

I worked for a huge engineering company right after graduating. One of the owners decided to ‘downsize’ his framed diplomas/certificates so that he could fit them all on the wall. He had his assistant make a reduced-size copy of each one - they were about 1/3 scale - and framed them in groups. They were difficult to read.

On the office wall with my other diplomas. I’m prouder of my college work than of any graduate degree–it was harder!

My friend used to hang his on the Christmas tree because it was a very expensive ornament.

Both Highschool and college diplomas (AA, lest someone think I’m actually educated) are in commemorative folders on my bookshelf. They mean little to me.

I’m not sure where my BA is. I think I might have accidentally ripped it. It’s probably back at my parents’ house.

My MA is somewhere in our storage room. I think it’s in a paper bag, along with the cheap-ass hideous graduation gown and cap they made us buy. I remember now - after convocation, we went to dinner with a bunch of family friends, and then I went out to get drunk with my classmates without having time to stop by my place. So I stuffed my diploma and gown into a bag and left it in my parents’ car. They later dropped it off at my place, but I’ve never had a reason to take them out since.

Mine is at McMaster University in Hamilton. If I go back and take three and a half more years worth of courses, I can have it.

It’s in a box in the closet somewhere. I think I’ve only looked at it once or twice since I received it.

I just got my BS back from the framing place on Saturday. I’m planning to put it in my office. I also have a few certifications and membership papers in a binder/photo album at home.

I have no idea where my high school diploma is…

It’s on a bookcase shelf, facing outward.

Both my BA and my MLIS are framed and sitting on my mantel.

Cite

Did Dr. Evil do the full background check, or did he just want photocopies?

Sitting in a drawer at home. I actually had to physically show them to the HR person where I now work before I could sign my contract. I guess they’d had some trouble in the past. I hadn’t looked at them for 20 years or so before that. It took my husband (bless him) all afternoon to dig them out of our storage area when I found out I was going to need them at the hiring interview.

The background check was nothing. The “backdoor check” took an hour and a half.

On my bookcase, next to the Monty Python books.

Must’ve inherited his father’s penchant for buggery…

My parents have both of my degrees and both my licenses in “my” room at their house.

All my co-workers have them hung up but I can’t be arsed. Besides, my canadian one is oversized and would be a pain to transport.

In a file cabinet would be my best guess.

The Undergrad one is tucked away somewhere on my desk. Last year for Christmas my husband framed up my grad degree for me. It’s now on the wall. Nothing odd about either of those answers, I guess.

What I found funny was getting a wallet-sized copy of my high school diploma. Laminated, even. Everyone got one. I guess for all those times you had to prove you graduated high school when all you had on your was your wallet. I don’t carry the thing, but if I did I’d be answering “my wallet” as an odd place.

On a bookshelf in the basement, I think. I had it hanging on a wall for a while, but realized that both my wife and I already know I graduated and the kids really don’t care.