Which Batman Comics/Graphic Novels Should I read?

Try to pick up Legends of the Dark Knight issues, then.

Of course, being a 2000AD fan, you can get the Batman/Dredd crossovers - though I only recommend the first one.

(And adult comic reading is not frowned upon in the UK as much as you think.)

:smack: I can’t believe I forgot a terrific, continuity-free Bat-tale that I love on a variety of levels! If you can find the two prestige format miniseries Batman/Grendel: Devil’s Riddle and Grendel/Batman: Devil’s Requiem, I highly recommend it.

I realize the names are confusing. Devil’s Riddle is the first half of the story, Devil’s Requiem the second half. There’s also a second Batman/Grendel crossover (Devil’s Bones and Devil’s Dance) which I personally don’t care for as much but is still a worthwhile read.

Both miniseries are readily available on eBay and other secondary market sources, and well worth the effort to acquire. They carry the added bonus of potentially enticing you into the world of Grendel, which is a fantastic mature readers series in its own right.

Well, heck. Looking on Amazon today, I say they’d restocked The Killing Joke. So I’ve got it on order!

[Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons]
Excuse me, but the second volume is called “Devil’s Masque,” not “Devil’s Requiem.”
[/Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons]

BBVL is absolutely right. “Devil’s Requiem” is a Grendel short story that has nothing to do with Batman at all. :o