Who got married because of the Dope?

I got engaged to a newt once during a heavy NyQuil binge… but luckily sobered up before the wedding…

what?

Gunslinger and I are engaged.

I’m still available

…In what?

IIRC, Brynda and RickQ found each other here and got married.

A soap opera update (or, I have really, really good news and really, really, really bad news):

Heloise and Coldfire have been added to the list: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=242474

For those who haven’t heard, there’s a sticky at the top of MPSIMS about the very unexpected and tragic death of Persephone. She and Eutychus had found each other on the SDMB, and were planning a 2005 wedding. My heart goes out to Patrick (Euty).

Indirectly, me (thinksnow) and laserkitty, if you count SDMB leading to LJ, where I met Nikki.

What about Zyada and RJK? I forget… are they married, or engaged, or just seriously involved?

I know Aglarond is getting married in May, as I have received an invitation. I don’t think his fiance is a Doper, though.

After Ziactrice blew me off, I had to find somebody else. :wink:

Engaged right now, but married soon. Just when depends on the INS.

Married:

Anniz and Montfort
Auntie Em and SkipMagic
Brynda and RickQ
Elenfair and lno
Geobabe and UncleBill
GingeroftheNorth and Weirddave
Heloise and Coldfire
laserkitty and thinksnow
Miss Creant and MrCynical
MsRobyn and AirmanDoors
psycat90 and Demo
Shayna and Spiny Norman
sperfur and withaK
True Pisces and Verrain

Engaged:

fizzlestothetop and iampuhna
Honeydew and Emofkuniv (8/7/04)
racinchikki and gunslinger
vix and SuaSponte
Zyada and rjk

Any inaccuracies? Anyone we’ve still missed?

Nocturne & UnwrittenNocturne http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=255265&page=1

This was the first thread I thought of when I heard the news… I didn’t want to bump it but I thought she’d sounded so happy when she posted and then…

:frowning:

Drachillix introduced me to the Dope the first time I had dinner at his house—a ruse to lure me into the bedroom, I’m sure. Now we’re married with 2 computers networked and the SDMB on the linkbars.

todd33rpm and I met on the SD. Our first near-date was a Dopefest in Indy.
We aren’t married yet, but it’s in the works…and we’re closing on a house in a couple of weeks. :slight_smile:
You gotta admire any man who’s willing to risk life and limb by diving into THIS bunch of kids, dogs, cats, and chaos. But that’s the kind of guy he is. Plus he’s a hottie.
Best,
karol