Why do so many American women go for guys in jeans and t-shirts with simple haircuts?

Personality and such aside, jeans and a T do say a lot.

I can’t recall off the top of my head the last time that I saw a guy in a plain grey T. Black, yes. But even solid T’s aren’t that common to me. Almost all t-shirts have something on them that will tell you about the wearer: bands, geek humor, etc.

Jeans? Here wrangler I associate with cowboy types. Most wear Levi’s. The cut of the Jean says a lot, too. My more hipster students wear skinny leg pants. Others wear the pants hanging down.

Shoes also say a lot about the wearer. Cowboy types always wear work boots, fir example.
Additionally, most of my guy students have visible tattoos and piercings.

This.
I love jeans and fitted plain white t-shirt on a man.

All I know is that back when I only wore a seersucker suit and a straw boater, I hardly got any pussy.

Hey, hey!

My eyes are up here! Quit lookin’ at my jeans.

WTF is a “simple haircut?” Or maybe the question should be WTF is a not-simple haircut?

Especially if it’s only jeans and a ponytail.

I’m guessing something quaint and old-fashioned like “even on both sides,” “performed with scissors instead of a weed-eater,” etc.

They have this thing called “talking” now. It’s really something, you should try it.

My hair is totally straight. I have the choice between straight short or straight long. I wear it short. Am I supposed to have a Mohawk?

Is that like texting, or different?

Picky, picky, picky!

You’re not interested in a perm, and maybe some highlights? :smiley:

A good looking guy, in clean, well fitted jeans and T shirt, will have his physique attractively displayed. Yes, a man in a well fitted tux will also look great, but the jeans and T shirt show more of the body, if that’s what a woman is primarily looking for.

Back in the stone age, when I was dating, I wasn’t trying to pigeonhole prospective dates. Mostly I was concerned with whether or not they could talk intelligibly, and whether or not they were gonna break out the weed as soon as the date started. This was back in the 70s…perhaps I should call it the stoned age.

Okay, please re-read Diamonds02’s posts on here again. Do you really think D02 would be better off talking IRL? Some people just have texting personalities.

I don’t think that’s a good idea.

Girls see potential boyfriends as dress-up dolls. Seriously, when talking to them you can sense them visualizing the foldy-tabs on your shoulders and hips for the paper cutouts…

A dressed-down initial boyfriend gives them unlimited fashioning possibilities. Rest assured that, shortly after dating has started, the boyfriend is getting deluged with cosby-sweaters, fluevog-shoes, skin care products, knit silk socks, and any other accessory that makes it impossible to spontaneously play a pick-up game of basketball.

I have a simple haircut but I do wear a tux everyday.

Maître d’?

A tearaway tux, right?

Only after six pm, I should hope.

Sky blue, ruffled shirt.