Why do women dress to expose their Belly Buttons?

According to my co-worker, who I hope has been cured of his little crush, it’s the “sexiest part of a woman”. :rolleyes:
That after I wore my new shirt for casual day-it’s not an obvious exposure, or even purposeful, but I’m never wearing it to work again.

I can’t say I have direct experience with the question, but under the assumption th the boys are doing it for the same reason the girls are, the answer would have to be to turn the boys who are after them into ravenous maniacs. Works on me. Especially if there’s a piercing involved.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, the belly button is the sexiest part of the body.

“Mister Silas! This woman is displaying her privates!” [/Simpsons]

Totoro, do you work with Lsura?

Not if it’s an outie:eek:

So the members of my horde know where to stick their thumbs when we hoist them lassies over our shoulders and run off with 'em.

I think I’ll just second manhattan (“Because God is good.”) and Jonathan Chance (“I don’t care why they do it. I just appreciate it. I’m kinda uncomplicated that way.”), because they’ve summed up my attitude quite well.

Read in the Wall Street Journal a year ago that in Japan vertically oriented navels are popular. Women there are/were having plastic surgery to get vertical belly buttons. Now what do you suppose a vertical navel might resemble, hmmm?

The same story told of s here in the U.S. having their navels removed. Too weird for me.

After having two kids my tummy’s not as tight as it used to be. :frowning: I’m working on it though. Maybe after another million crunches I’ll be able to get a belly button ring like I’ve always wanted. I think they’re really sexy but only on tight flat tummies… not wiggley tummies.

I have to say that a woman with a nice stomach who exposes her bellybutton can be very sexy. On the other hand, I find bellybutton rings to be a turn-off, not a turn-on. I’m kind of a no-frills kind of guy.

Jman

“Read in the Wall Street Journal a year ago that in Japan vertically oriented navels are popular.
Women there are/were having plastic surgery to get vertical belly buttons. Now what do you
suppose a vertical navel might resemble, hmmm?”

Yes, a long time ago women could not expose them because they were thought to symbolize a vagina. Times change though.

A vertical button would be cool though, kinda dangerous don’t you think?

Second you on both thoughts. Rings are a case of painting the lily if ever I saw one.

Why, to show of my FABULOUS new belly button ring of course.

Its blue.

:slight_smile:

Excpet for the ones who wear miniskirts without undergarments. THEY get thumbed in a different place.

My coworker wears a short shirt to avoid it rubbing against her new navel piercing. And also because she can more conveniently soak her piercing in saline…which gives her a strange ring around her navel.

Or, she could be making it all up, and actually got the belly button ring implanted to scare away persistent remoras.

My mother has no bellybutton. She had surgery a few years ago, and they sewed that lil sucker up when they stitched her up, too. I didn’t know until about a year ago, when she showed me. Freaky.

Her name wouldn’t happen to be “Eve” [sub]not our Eve[/sub], would it?

Hey, now. She’s not THAT old. Old as in the original Eve, not ours. [sub]Okay, Kev, let’s pull that foot out of your mouth.[/sub] So, miss smarty-pants, to answer your question, no. Her name’s Barbara. Or so she says. She DID lie about the whole Santa Claus thing, so all bets are off.

Hey wow, I have a vertical belly-button! I’m a guy though, so maybe it’s not as sexy on me. I think it looks good anyway.