Why the lame columns lately?

I think the Dope is getting to him…

Why don’t ya pop up more often Cecil? You might regain some of that savory “edge” you seem to be currently lacking. :smiley:

I was one of the posters that Cecil called a “pathetic loser.”

So, I hereby will take upon the challenge to kiss Cecil’s ass. Name the time and place, and I’ll be there. I just ask that there be a witness with a camera, to prove that Cecil does exist, and also that I kissed his ass!

How does that sound?

Well, since Cecil has finally decided to pop his head out of the ground, it would be cool if the ‘smartest man alive’ would care to join the SD Fantasy Hockey League Montfort started.
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=38503

Of course, if he is afraid to run with the Big dogs we all understand. But since he called Montfort a loser I was wondering if he(or whatever proxy he chooses) wanted to try and back it up in the league?

I just felt a need to post to the same thread as Cecil. Waa-hoo!

Trying to smoke Cecil out, huh? A worthy motive, to be sure.

Ike, Ike, Ike. We artists must appeal to all levels of society. Take my classic bit about “shaking hands with Jesus.” (Surely you remember.) Half the readership was appalled. The other half busted a gut. Who could ask for more?

I’m posting after Cecil! I’m posting after Cecil! :smiley: :smiley:

(Puts me in the best position to kiss his ass, I know… Maybe he’ll insult me personally!)

Like I said. He’s turned into a geezer. Look when he posted- 5:42 A.M…

I bet he goes to sleep around 9:00 P.M. too, much like my grandfather did just before he died of old age.

I guess I’m curious as to which church he’s now decided to bless with his presence. The possibilities…

The mantra of basket-weavers across the ages. So much for crafts.

Non-administrators should note that applying appropriate force may require a forum jump.

picmr

Welcome to the SDMB, and thank you for posting your comment.
Please include a link to Cecil’s column if it’s on the straight dope web site.
To include a link, it can be as simple as including the web page location in your post (make sure there is a space before and after the text of the URL).

Cecil’s column can be found on-line at this link:
I can’t plug in these new plugs! What’s the deal?

The can also be found on pages 179-180 of Cecil Adams’ book “The Straight Dope”.

moderator, «Comments on Cecil’s Columns»

If you would note my previous post, I believe I am first in line to kiss Cecil’s ass. The line forms BEHIND me.(pun intended),

That is unless Uncle Cecil has no ass, or is adverse to the kissing of same.

So Cecil, How about it? I’m applying the lip balm as I type for your comfort.

Anyone else interested in queing up, Please sign in.

NO! That was great. Very funny stuff, nice edge too. Classic Adams if you will.

What year was that again?

I am posting with the sole intent of being able to say I posted in the same column as Cecil. Though he didn’t call me a loser:(

I am now officially pathetic.

Hej Cecil!

I have to admite that I haven’t read any column by you,
yet, sorry.
So, I thought why don’t you tell me why I should?
I only found the message boards here because a friend
told me about them.
And I never heard of you before I got here,
you’re not famoues here in Sweden, yet.:):slight_smile:
I probably have missed something by not reading them,
but, hey, it’s not to late for me to do that.
Hej Montfort!
You’re in big trubbel if you kiss anybody
else ass but mine.:D:D

It was smart of him to take my advice and post more often.

Only a few hundred more posts and you, Cecil, will have fully regained your edge–trust me on this ;). You got some work to do buddy. Forget about that weekly column thing and make this your new home. And guess what Cecil? I’m your biggest fan. (BTW Cecil, could you tell me to fu*k off or something it’d really brighten my day.)

Just don’t know when to let sleeping dogs lie, do ya? You throw down the gauntlet, he lets you off the hook with a mild flame (though it was outside the Pit, I notice), and y’all beg for more. Yikes! Masochism, anyone?

(I must admit, though, that the Master was positively mellow in his responses here… what is up with that?)

I am posting here as some of the previous posters have–simply to say that I participated in a thread that the Master did. :smiley:

A Doper’s Lament:

O’ great Master!
To have been blessed with your presence!
Let thy presence shine forth!
Cleanse me of my ignorance–for I am nothing!

Before you–I am infintissemal, I am meager.
I am toenail dirt.
I am a Monument of Stupidity crafted by the Artisan of Ignorance and placed in the Altar of Inferiority inside the Church of Witlessness at the corner of 5th and Dumb.

In who’s presence we are not even fit to utter Your name.
In who’s presence we are but Dim-witted clapper-clawed gorebellied miscreants!

Please give us Deliverance from this hellish nightmare—this never-ending torture.

This…Ignorance.
Amen.

-Ashley

(If that doesn’t creep Unca Cece out–nothing will. :wink: )

Shall a Moderator correct Cecil Adams? I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.

Unca Cecil recently said:

Can I consider this my OFFICAL Greeting from Cecil, since it was after MY post? I guess I COULD add “personally called a pathetic loser by Cecil Adams” to my SIG, but it just doesn’t ring quite right (true, maybe). I HAVE had a question answered by the man. . . does that count as a greeting?

Oh, and something else I noticed in the thread was the following by our MOD:

Damn Arn, that takes balls. To give Cecil a STOCK Answer? You even refer to him in the third person in your response to him!

Well, being it that my first two posts since my long hiatus from the board got ED to respond QUICKLY and CECIL to come out from lurking, I think I’ve performed a pretty nifty trick, and wonder (again)if I may actually say I’ve been greeted to the board (even if it WAS to be called a pathetic loser).

Well, check my sig…