Women- if you haven't tried anal sex, why not?

That’s why people have the option of not. answering. personal. polls. in IMHO. And there have been a handful of masturbation ones, and some on others that I won’t mention. I was only asking so as to learn, not to whack off, or be nosy.

Because even though 18 year olds are legally ‘women,’ I tend to think of 20 and ups as being inaugurated into womanhood- 18 and 19 are still teenage ‘girls’ in my mind.

I don’t have that fetish either ;), but the fact that the anus is a dirty place wouldn’t hold me back from having anal sex. The vagina isn’t a pleasant place, either- it smells like a fish market, and is hairy, and sometimes infected, and urine comes out, and blood, and it contains a mucus layer at first, and other men have probably been in it with their penises already.

But with them, they don’t feel gay when doing it- they’re getting it from someone they are sexually attracted to. With me, I don’t ever want to do anything sexually with a man, so him sticking his penis into my anus makes me very unhappy, regardless of sensations- now as to a woman sticking something into my anus, I still don’t want it (even though I know that that kind of thing is a good stimulant during sex), because I am held back by ideas of heterosexuality and anti-penis-ness. It is my cultural mindset which makes the thing-in-my-ass non-pleasing during my sensations, and which makes it pleasing to the woman during her sensations.

Ugh.

Pee does not come out of the vagina.

There’s no need to be snarky, andrewdt85. As a matter of fact, I did give a perfectly valid answer–that I agreed with other posters who had previously posted. This is IMHO, so I offered my opinion.

Anyway, urine comes out of the urethra, not the vagina, (as I see Go You Big Red Fire Engine has already stated–hooray for preview) and a fishy smell is in no way normal. In such a case, you might want to slip back on up and advise your lady that a trip to the doctor might be indicated. Also, anal sex doesn’t necessarily hurt, even the first time, or first few times.

Bolding mine.

How do you know what it is that makes it pleasing to a woman? How do you know that it’s her “cultural mindset”?

I bet you’re a big hit with the ladies.

Did you know that, if you perform oral sex on a woman (although, given the above quote, i’d be surprised if you’ve ever tried it), the most infected, germ-ridden piece of anatomy down there is likely to be your mouth?

First off- yes, I’m a 20 year old virgin, and I didn’t know about the urethra. I’m not ashamed of the virgin part- if there had been a box to put that info in in my user profile page, I would have. I’m just embarassed for myself and the American educational system- all my life, the only time I’ve ever heard mention of the ‘third hole’ women have is one mention from my mom when I was little, and I didn’t investigate.

Second off- I know human mouths are dirty. Dog mouths are supposed to be cleaner, from what I hear. I was just making a point.

I was not interested in making fun of your virginity. There is, as you are aware, nothing to be ashamed of. I was not aware of your sexual history.

I was simply pointing out that someone who apparently thought so little of the vagina was unlikely to have spent much time down there investigating it. I’ve known men who are not virgins who share your apparent disgust for the vagina, and do everything they can to avoid giving oral sex. I sorta feel sorry for them, 'cause it’s heaps of fun.

If you’re a virgin, and haven’t investigated this stuff yourself, may i caution you against believing too many urban legends about sex, and about women in particular. Women do not, in general, smell like a “fish market.” In most cases, any odor smells completely natural and is not at all unpleasant, especially after you’ve encountered it a few times. Most women are not infected.

And you’d better learn to get over the fact that there have been penises there before, because unless you’re planning only ever to sleep with virgins, you’ll have to deal with this issue. It may surprise you to know this, but chances are that if you are about to have sex with a woman, she has probably washed “down there” since the last time she had sex. You’re not gonna catch some sort of “gay cooties” by putting your penis where some other guy’s penis has already been. And you will—or should—be practicing safe sex anyway.

“Don’t try to describe the scenery if you’ve never seen it.”~~Jimmy Buffett

You need to get away from your 'puter and go out some, meet a real girl, stuff like that. Solve your 20 year-old virgin problem and meanwhile pay attention to the above line from JB’s tune.

Because I don’t have a penis and I can’t afford a strap-on at this point in my life. :smiley:

Cyn, Doper
To address the OP…tried it, didn’t hate it, didn’t love it, liked other things better. I could not repeat the experience with my current partner, as he is rather too sturdily built.
Cyn OB/GYN RN
Working OB, I see A LOT of vaginas, let’s say 1400-2000 in the last few years. Blood I give you. Mucus, not nearly so much. Babies, certainly.
None of these vaginas were hairy. The labia surrounding the vaginas were hairy, only one or two offensively so. The vast majority were uninfected and fewer still smelled anything like fish. I never encountered urine flowing from a vagina. I am certain that some of these vaginas had experienced multiple penii, but as something of a vaginal expert, if I couldn’t visually tell, it is of my opinion that it probably wouldn’t be detected visually by even the most interested parties.
Cyn, whose vagina is a most pleasant place.

I had a GF who was into it. But let me tell you, it was quite the hassle.

First she would have to douche

then we’d have to break out the lube

then… well I’ll let you fill in the blanks.
For me, I enjoyed it but it was far too clinical. I like the sex to be spontanious. I don’t particularly like lying in bed yanking my chain for fifteen minutes while the ol’ lady primes herself.

And no I wouldn’t do it otherwise. (nor would she.)

You are, of course, aware that most women are prone to bathing occasionally? As to any female reticence towards sodomy - well, shove a banana up your bum and then get back to me.

Believe it or not it’s the same for us gay guys, you need to prep. Saying that the more frequently you do it the less you need to do - not because you become looser, as some might think, but because the clenching reflex that governs your anus is more easily ignored and controlled. Still, letting someone fuck me without at least having a wash first is not really not something my book of sex-etiquette permits.

On the “women liking penetration more than men” bit:

You have, without realising it, hit the nail on the head. All penetration (and especially anal sex where you’re having to work against the bodies natural reflexes) is made more difficult/less pleasant if you don’t actually want to do it with the person. This counts for vaignal sex too. When men (gay men, that is) are anally penetrated there are two aspects to enjoying it - the physical and the psychological. Physical sensation of prostate massage etc is only a part of it, the rest is the mental and emotional thrill of having someone you feel something for inside you - penetrating your being, not just your body. It’s a way of being connected to another man, just as a man penetrating another man or woman is a way for him to be connected to them.

If you’re a straight man it’s far more difficult for you to be able to enjoy being anally penetrated than it is for a gay man, even if it’s your girlf doing it to you with a strap-on or dildo. Of course (straight)women are psychologically equipped to enjoy being penetrated by a man, so putting it in their arse is no different to putting it into their mouth or vagina, once you get around the menchanics and get used to it (hey, ask any virgin of either sex or orientation - I’m willing to bet none of them really enjoyed the first time it was stuck in them).

So, in summary, yes it’s more likely for a woman to be up for being anally penetrated than a straight man, but then there are straight men who enjoy being anally penetrated more than their girlfs do (I know because I’ve met some - the things straight men will admit to a gay man…).

My dear fellow dopers,
I might describe my garbage disposal in terms like this, but not part of a woman’s body. I thought the clitoro-anus similarity was silly, Wiki or no, and said so.

“Too embarassed to ask husband/boyfriend/student” (emphasis mine) gave me a brief case of the heebie jeebies. Could a woman confide to a friend, “I can’t wait to shag my husband”? Check. “I can’t wait to shag my boyfriend”? Check. “I can’t wait to shag my student”? Err…

Long story short: I hear a faint, distant fwappety-fwap-fwap.
W.

By the pricking of my thumbs
Swift thread closure this way comes

This can only end badly.

Is confused as to what the last two posters are talking about

:confused:

Nah. So far, so good. Everyone is staying within the boundaries. I appreciate that, folks.

Spoken like someone who’s never tried water sports. :eek:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Do we need to set up some kind of fund raising charity event? Perhaps a whole non-profit organization, dedicated to providing strap ons for the indigent. Maybe we could call it the March of Dongs? Who’s with me?