You are a god, how do you pass your time?

But I already have a godly package.

Create a series of initially identical “control” universes where I will observe but never interfere. Then create a bunch of other universes and screw around. What if that extinction event never happened? What if that war ended differently? What if cavemen had spaceships? Y’know normal alternate universe stuff.

Also I’d assume that while I have the ability to create, I’m not necessarily creative. As a god I probably didn’t think up/create all of the know art and media in the world, so by creating universes I’m essentially out-sourcing my amusement. Plus I’d never be one of those boring goody two-shoes types. Lot’s of getting acquainted with the locals. wink wink nudge nudge

You just blew my mind–thank you! Now I know what God’s minions/angels are for. This will keep me going for months!

Like figuring out the loneliest number that you can ever do? I think I found one almost as lonely, but it’s not the loneliest.

Play dice with the universe.

Like the rest, I’d probably spend most of my time in self-inflicted non-omniscient states to fight ennui.

Spoiler below from the Sandman Slim series by Richard Kadrey:

In these books, God long ago had a nervous breakdown and split himself into five distinct beings, each one making their home in different parts of the universe. Then they all start trying to kill one another.

Honestly, I imagine it would be pretty boring to be an omnipotent/omniscient/omnipresent god. There’s nothing to discover, creation is too easy, and there are no earthly delights to take part in because you’re always feeling awesome all the time as your baseline (and you’ve felt it all before). You have no imagination because you can instantly have or do whatever you want. You have literally zero challenges. The only reason we imagine being a god is great is because we are not gods.

I guess if I were a god, I would set the universe in motion randomly, “turn off” my omniscience, and spend my time seeing how it all turns out. It would be nifty to see human intelligence arise out of some singularity I exploded a mere 15 billion years ago.

Tetris.

StG

I’d get wicked stoned and create a platypus.

Now that’s an interesting idea, being omnipotent it would be possible to simultaneously run as many limited and different versions of yourself across as many realities as you wanted at the same time.

Thanks for the interesting thread!

Another very interesting idea, it would be fascinating to try all the ‘what ifs’ of history and see what really would have happened.

Once I made a universe with stars, planets, life and all that (a universe like the one we currently reside in), I’d just set it in motion and let it go it’s own way for a few million years or so. Then I’d start messing around with the basic physical laws, just to see what would happen. I could make a universe where sentient rainbows fly among thimble sized, toroidal stars. Or any number of wondrous, impossible things.

Once I had a universe with sentient inhabitants that were doing interesting things I would walk (or fly, or swim) among them, disguised in a mortal shell. I would take all kings of rolls and positions this way, just to change things up.

Similar to what some others said, I’d probably make copies of some universes and mess with their histories, just to see what would happen.

I would also want to custom design a fantasy universe with magic and heroes and such, because that would be fun and cool.

You better hope that horse sex thing didn’t happen on a Monday! :eek:

Probably sit and play Angry Birds.

Create some seriously hot chicks, some alcohol and party all the time.

Every now and then, just for shits and giggles, create a universe and let it go off and running in the background like an ant farm. Something to watch inbetween wenches.

Once suitably bored with universe, squash it and make another one.

Vengeance … I am a vengeful god

I would devise a complex scenario whereby the only way I would forgive my creations for anything and everything they had done against my wishes would be if they nailed my son to a couple of pieces of wood, and subsequently pretended to eat his flesh and drink his blood.

Also, you lot over there: No pork for you!!</soup nazi>

The rest of you, please, enjoy the pork.

i would make unusual laws, such as, “All Commandments, including this one, are to be ignored.”

I’d create an incredibly rich and detailed world, full of ancient evils, heroic obstacles, and fantastic creatures. Then I’d get incredibly frustrated watching my subjects totally ignore all that and spend all their time trying to bed the barmaid. At least, that’s what my experience in role playing games tells me.

I don’t know but it would certainly (easily) be better than the reps of other “gods” that have been reported to exist.

4-2 billion BC - while waiting for the planet to cool and for it to stop raining meteors, I decide which country will get richest from colonies 15th-19th century AD.

2billion-around 650 million BC - while waiting for the atmosphere to hold enough oxygen (and photosynthetic bacteria to dominate chemosynthetic ones) I decide who will win World War I.

600-250 million BC - before I start playing dinosaur chess board, I decide who’ll win World War II.

60 million bc - before I do the chicxulub reboot, I’ll set the divine crap shoot to determine who wins the cold war.

3 million bc - really still not decided whether or not to spring greedy, weak, and slow humans who’ll just overrun the earth. I know, I’ll cut back on fossil hydrocarbons and roll-front unranium and thorium deposits.

1 million bc - i want to reboot humans at least once every 2,000 years using asteroids and VEI 9 eruptions, just to make them a little tougher and smarter, but the wife objected. Oh well.