You know, we should chat about global warming

I am against global warming in the Summer and global cooling in the Winter. I support global, year-round, Early June in the Midwest. Fuck the polar bears and penguins.

Note that I live about 800 feet above current sea level. People downhill, like canned mayhem, better start saving their nickels for a down-payment up here because they won’t get one from selling ocean.

If we can get just the right amount of sea level rise, the beachfront here on Sacramento Bay should be quite pleasant.

Your beachfront will have a three foot thick skin of used condoms and broken syringes.

What do you attribute the decline in thickness?

If you look at the second Tuesday in February in 1992, and then in February of 1997, the trend line is clearly declining.

Trollie, you’re the worst character ever.

I know you guys were seriously annoyed, however, I’m just glad that someone (he who won’t be named) moved off of the Fukushima/anti-nuke topic (and let that damned thread finally die) and onto other things. :stuck_out_tongue:

I still think it’s hilarious how the global doomsday crowd was lamenting about how in 20 years the glaciers would be gone, the polar bears would be extinct, snowfall would cease, and the seas would rise 20 feet.

They said that bullshit back in the early 90’s lmao.

Lemme guess, it’ll all happen next year right?

Right???

lol

And if you use a sample set of a single measuring station, it’s especially disturbing.

PS For future reference, you can fool at least two people (let’s call them 49 and 84, which I might have picked out of the blue) if you use terms like “5 year trend” while linking to the chart, instead of being so specific.

You have big stupid shoes to fill, with small stupid feet.

Wrong; generally, and this is based on years of discussions, the sorry points you are using here are based on media speculations or some scientists also misunderstood by the media, or obscure scientists that are also not well respected managing to publish in bad journals.

The media is not looking at what the expert climate scientists are actually reporting.

[QUOTE] Snow in Britain? In winter? The internet of course is awash with theories about how and why this "unprecedented" event is happening now.

I hope you will know me well enough by now to know that the first thing I do when confronted with internet hysteria is, that’s right, tracked the information back to its source most internet sites quote other Internet sites that quote other Internet sites it’s the electronic adult equivalent of schoolyard gossip but when we follow the trail right back we find that all these assertions come from just one source.
[/QUOTE]

Ah, the famous “global doomsday crowd”. So stupidly credulous, so irrepressibly hysterical, so conveniently unidentified.

Personally, what I still think is hilarious is that time a few years ago when canned mayhem was covertly whacking off in the library to full-color images of slaughtered pigs, and the librarian walked over and grabbed the book away from him just at the critical moment while canned mayhem panic-spooged all over himself in full view of the horrified and revolted girls’ swim team at the next table.
All of which is fully as accurate and well-documented as canned mayhem’s alleged reminiscences of some unnamed “global doomsday crowd” twenty years ago predicting complete disappearance of glaciers within twenty years.

Another quote from science writer Peter Hadfield, AKA Potholer54:

Sheesh. You’re not even a good troll.

I’ll ask again: any chance you’ll ever, you know, actually try to talk to people, or is this empty sloganeering all you’ve got?

I want the old global warming thread back!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!! Just kidding!! Hoooo-eeeeee!

I hope we don’t have to wait as long for this troll to be shown the door.

So, if I join the Global Doomsday Crowd, do I get a shirt?

If it’s just a laminated membership card like the Nattering Nabobs of Narcissism , then I’ll skip it. I’m usually busy on Thursday nights when they have their potlucks anyhow.

I’m definitely selling any beachfront properties I own.

I’m buying properties several miles inland and buying big beach umbrellas.

Screw those Doomsday Sayers who think global warming will be an economic disaster! There’s money to be made!