You stupid bitch.

glad you called the cops. Glad she got arrested.

Any particular reason you assumed that she was on welfare? Or was that just the poetic license of ranting?

The thing that really bothers me about this walking pile of shit is that they probably had no idea what you were so mad about.
Excellent job buddy. If your ever way up north here drop in and say hi. We’ll buy you a beer.

Buliwyf

P.S. Apologies to all the walking piles of shit, no offense intended

I’m really glad she mouthed off to the cops and locked her keys in. AND that she was buying BEER of all things. If she had just said to the cops “oh I’m sorry, it won’t happen again” she may not have gotten arrested… but when you and the cops testify to what happened, those things will really work well for getting that baby taken away from her and placed in a good home.

Thanks, from this mom, for caring enough to stand up to her and deal with the situation.

I know this sounds like hyperbole, but you did help restore my faith in humanity right there.

Hell of a rant too, by the way.

Now that I’m in a calmer frame of mind.

First of all, thank everyone. I don’t think for an instant I’m a hero. I was simply stopping to pick up some soda, and parked next to her truck. When I got out, I heard a baby crying, and took a peek inside the cab. I called the police on the cell phone and waited for them to come. When the woman appeared, it was pretty obvious to me that I made the right call, since she was noticably drunk.

I am NOT the kind of person that get involved with other people’s business, but Florida can arguably called the Hot Baby in a Car State instead of the Sunshine State. When I saw the baby, I knew it was probably abused. Multiple bruises and certainly hot as hell sitting in the truck.

Since I work for the local government, I’ll keep you all apprised of what happens for as long as possible. That’ll be roughly two weeks until I move and then an occasional e-mail update from co-workers.

A friend at the Police Department tells me that the woman will be charged with DUI, Child Endangerment, and Child Abuse and whatever the hell else they can possibly throw into the indictment, including a charge for her expired license plate. I volunteered to pull the switch if they can get her the chair.

galen Thanks for the offer, but I’ve got lots of family here, so I’ll have a place to stay.

CrazyCatLady if they hadn’t gotten there when they did I’d probably be in jail. I’m the calmest, most easygoing person I know. The lengths one has to go to get me pissed off are pretty extraordinary, and I was ready to strangle her in the parking lot.

WringIt was poetic license, and to anyone who’s on welfare out there, no offense.

To the rest of you guysI accept all offers of beer, and offer my thanks for the support. I feel SO MUCH BETTER now.

welby

thanks for the clarification.

Good job welby1. So, how does it feel to save a life?

CJ

welby, let me add my voice to the chorus and say “You rock!” Thanks again from everybody who didn’t have to read about another dead child.

I teared up in anger while reading your account. You’re one of the good ones, welby.

Why not? You probably saved a baby’s life. Most people would have just walked on by, not wanting to get involved, or just hoped the parents would return soon. You did good. Be darn proud of yourself. I sure am and I don’t even know you.

I am not going to say you’re a hero… but if you aren’t one already, you’ll be one hell of a dad to some lucky kid.

What makes me mad is that she might go to jail (not for long enough time), and she might lose that kid… but she can always have another one. We need to make the law demand prevention of future children by women convicted of gross child abuse - such as this incidence. You might have saved this one… but if she’s allowed to reproduce, who will save the others?

YAY WELBY!!!

And I think it is wonderful that you are willing to follow this through in court. There are lots of people who would have just walked on by, a few that would have made anonymous calls to the cops then booked, but probably not many who would see it through all the way.

You rock.

WOW! Good for you! There should be more people like you!

Apart from reiterating what everybody else has said Welby1, that you’re a bloody bonza bloke and the little kiddie is prolly alive because of you, I wanna know…

Who the hell is Dale Earnhardt?? (sorry, I just have to know!)

He was a race car driver who died.

Welby, you are a terrific guy. People like that bitch make me literally sick, especially since I became a mom myself. Make sure she pays.

Dead (NASCAR) race car driver, now a saint to many Americans who would get pissed off if I refered to them as “White Trash”, so I won’t.

Welby1, what everyone has said-- You are my new hero.

Vigorous applause, whistles and stamping of feet!

(But, FTR, I find the term ‘white trash’ as offensive as any other racial term. :slight_smile: )

This story makes my day. Hopefully this little incident will be enough to ensure that the baby gets taken care of by someone else.

You rock and that’s all there is to it.

Wow. I am truly amazed that there are still people out there who give enough of a damn to do something like that. Great job.

Airman Doors sends his thanks, too.

Robin

Bravo, Welby1. I’m glad you stood up for that kid.