You theiving cunt

You’re far too nice. If anyone who reported to me tried to pull shit like that, I’d be discussing their future at the company with them and the big boss.

“Yeah, and he’s probably already got twenty dollars as well. You don’t get to decide whether or not he deserves what he won (which, by the way, he does). So back the fuck off.”

Bravo, Maureen! I second the idea of telling the file clerk: it’ll do him well to be prepared against lampreys like her. With luck, she’ll catch glimpses of the smirks the two of you exchange whenever she enters the room, and she’ll give you the silent treatment.

Daniel

So, according to the Word of Joan, we are allowed only one of each item.

I therefore conclude that TC only has one pair of underwear, one bra, and reuses the square of toilet paper after wiping, laying it out flat to dry before her next trip to the bathroom.

Jeez, the crap we have to put up with at work.

I hope Elliot goes into a fit of rapture when he gets his boom box, and may he play the music most pefectly designed to drive TC around the bend.

Good job, Maureen! That woman should be ashamed of herself. I can’t believe that a 50-year-old woman would be so petty. What sort of position does she hold anyway? Hopefully she’s not playing with chemicals or anything important.

I can’t believe this conversation actually occured between two adults.

I think we have a new holder of the title “World’s oldest Five-Year-Old”.

Good job, Maureen.

So, has Joan been talking to herself and saying things like, “But it should have been mine.” and “It’s my precioussssssssss …” ???

Holy shit! :eek:

We’ve got some seriously impressive crap going on in our lab, but that’s just nuts. Good on ya!

Good Job!

That reminds me of an old roomate I had who moved out with my TV. I asked for it back and she said “My God! You have more TV’s than you could possibly watch! I wouldn’t think you’ld miss one!”

Duh.

Actually, I’m nice, so I said “You can borrow it until you get one for yourself, but I do expect it back. When will you be bringing it back?” She brought it that very day.

Out of curiosity, if she’d said, “Hey, I know you’ve got several TVs; if you’re looking for a little extra money, I’d be willing to buy one off of you,” what would you’ve said?

I think a lot of people don’t get the idea of catching more flies with honey.
Daniel

So if one has more of something than someone else, it’s okay for the person who has less to take it from the person who has more?

Sounds like our current tax system.

I would like to hear more fallout from this, Maureen. Anything new to report?

Dude. That just takes the cake. And defenestrates it.

Where I work, employee theft is extremely frowned upon – I’m in agreement with ultrafilter that an incident like that would be grounds for a heavy reprimand and probation at least.

This reminds me of when my idiot roommate moved to a different dorm room in the middle of the semester, resulting in me having a single. He decided that a spare 60GB hard drive that I wasn’t using was his. I went over there to ask him about it.

Me: Did you take my hard drive?
Him: Yeah, you’ve got that RAID array so I figured you had no use for it.
M: That’s mine.
H: You weren’t using it.
M: That’s not the point. You stole it.
H: It doesn’t matter, because you weren’t using it.
M: It does matter. You took it without asking. That is called stealing. If you had asked for it, I would have given it to you, since I wasn’t using it.
H: Fine. Can I have it?
M: No.
H: But you just said you’d–
M: That was before you stole it.

I finally got it back after I threatened to report him to the campus rent-a-cops.

Hello. My Name is Dumass and I don’t get it.

She wanted to trade him a $20 gift certif for a boom box? Aside from it being dumb I don’t see a problem in asking. Was she planing on keeping the radio even if he had wanted it?

overlyverbose, she was brought in initially to take some of my less urgent projects. I used to spend a fair amount of time across the street at the dialysis unit, and I was getting buried in paper. She was supposed to help my stress level.
I’m worried now about anything that I give her.

Alright. So after being rebuffed by Paul, TC is flaming. I mean, she is practically spitting mad. I always thought that was an expression, but she really is spluttering. She went to all her coworkers and told them all that I stole her stereo. Un. Real. I’ve told at least three people what happened, and had to have Mary (my coworker) back me up on it. I think you and ultrafilter are right, lizardling, but I really hate doing that. I mean, holy fuck. Is it really that difficult to act like an adult? More on this in a bit.

Elliott has since come in and collected his prize, and was suitably ecstatic. I took your advice, ivylass, and he told her “thanks very much, but I really wanted a new one. So I’m gonna keep it.” He took it downstairs with him to the file room (which he locks every night) and currently has the Metallica blaring. Good kid, I like him.

Okay. Back story which really tells you just how off beam her bubble is.

Three years ago, the dialysis unit and the lab were all in one building and we were a small operation. Corporate was upstairs. Joan worked in A/P. With much the same efficacy, I might add. Well, she sent the rent payment in late, and we were fined $3300.00. The CFO at the time chewed her a new one, docked her pay, and suspended her for three days. She was so mad (because of course it wasn’t her
fault), she ran straight down to her car, spun her tires, sped through the parking lot and ran straight into a pole. I still laugh when I think about it. Anyway. When she came back, she went through all the old checks and invoices. Y’see, about two months before that, someone had had their car vandalized in the parking lot, and our company picked up that person’s deductible. I’m tellin ya. It really is that kind of company. I love it. So. She goes to the CFO and tells him “ok, I want my deductible covered.” He looks at her like she’s nuts and says “I’m not paying because you can’t control your temper.” She produces the check and says “you did it for THIS person. You can do it for me, or I’ll see you in court.” He told her go ahead, but nothing ever came of it. I’m sure that if she ever did contact an attorney, they told her she had no grounds. This is still a point of contention, and she feels totally wronged.
Oh, well. No place is perfect, I guess. But she’s decided she’s not doing any work today, and that is about to cease and desist, because as nice as I am (I’m not, really, I’m a total bitch), I have deadlines.

Well, if she had asked, that would have been fine. But she didn’t. She decided to
A) Hang on to the radio (didn’t put it on his desk, even, but under hers)
B) Take advantage of the fact that Elliott is a very nice kid who would have caved, because she would have kept going on and on and on about how he has one, she doesn’t, and look, Elliott, here’s a shiny new $20 gift certificate! He would have caved.
All of which is beside the point, because
C) It was fucking well HIS. HE won it! Damn, he didn’t even get to look at it before she ran off with it.

Great job Maureen. I love it.

Here’s a thought, however. Which of the two boomboxes is better, the one with the broken antenna or the new one? If the old one is better then he could replace the antena for about $5 bucks and he’d still have $15 dollars to spend on a CD or some other purchase. If the new one is better then all bets are off.

What a turd of a lady to pull that shit, at the very least she could’ve waited until after the clerk was in possession of the new radio and then made the offer. (Maybe he likes the old radio better and would rather have a $20 gift card.)
Just a thought…

My gast is completely flabbered.

This woman has serious issues. I’d keep a strict inventory of your desk’s contents.

Sorry, I type way tooooooo slow.