Your favorite non-English curse words?

I can’t believe y’all have ignored the great wealth of Yiddish profanity.
[ul]
[li]schmuck-penis[/li][li]kurva-whore[/li][li]leck mir im Arsch-kiss my ass[/li][/ul]

In Korean, there;s
[list]
[li]shiphal seki-fucking bastard[/li][li]kaiseki-son of a bitch[/li][li]yang galbo-whore who caters to foreigners[/li]yot mogura-eat shit

Rock-n-Rolga, excellent thread.

So many words, so littel space in the reply window… :wink:

(The spelling here is highly questionable)

First a few I wish I knew exact translations for, but they just sound so good:

[ul]
[li]piccalo scubare - italian, but what does it mean? I thought from the usage it was little fucker[/li][li]va fan katso or va fan kulo - italian, very nasty? Go fuck something or other?[/li][li]cacha mis pongas - spanish, kiss my balls?[/li][/ul]

A few I know:
[ul]
[li]Hui - russian, dick (pronounced as a hard H)[/li][li]Gandon s ushami - this is the silliest one, russian, means condom with ears[/li][li]kish meren tuhas - yiddish, kiss my ass[/li][li]cuanto cuesta tu hermana? - spanish, how much for your sister? Likely to get you killed.[/li][/ul]

Chiaou, Bella

Sili

IIRC, va faire en culo (generally pronounced “va fangool” where I come from) literally means “go fuck yourself in the ass.” I also vaguely remember “va foutre” being the approximate French equivalent - “go fuck yourself.”

My father used to use a phrase in Swabian German dialect in order to duck a question from us kids about where he was going: “Hunds sei Asch Bohne roppe.” Years later I found out that that translates roughly to “up a dog’s ass to pick beans,” i.e., none of your business (usually said with a smile to take the sting out).

Okay, kids:
The term is correctly spelled Vaffanculo, a smush-together of va ffa 'n culo, southern Italian dialect to the effect of “Go get fucked up the ass.” (Not literally, but that’s the closest English approximation.
Va a farti fottere is a more modern version with a similar meaning.

Bri

I’m glad to see the Finnish language is alive and well in the Americas. Makes me feel patriotic… well, almost.

One clarification: the word vittu is usually translated to fuck, but it really means pussy or, to be more exact, cunt. I’m afraid it’s the most common curse word among the younger generations. Well, almost the only one. Lack of imagination, I say.

Sometimes (well, often) vittu is used with a verb:

Haista (= smell) vittu!
Painu (= go to) vittuun!
Suksi (= ski to) vittuun!

With adjective:

Vitun kusipää! (= pisshead)
Vitun paskapää! (= shithead)

Repetition:

Voi vitun vittu!

Then, there’s the Finnish equivalent to dick, but
I don’t think I’ll go there…

My favorite curse is something I came up with not a long ago: Saatanan sisäsiittoiset pulunnussijat! (= Satan’s inbred pigeonfuckers!).

Thank you for your attention.

Mexican slang:

Chingame - Fuck Me
Chingate - Fuck You

In the spirit of the OP, the only really bad non-english curse I know is in French:

va te faire enculer! : fk off, or go fk yourself, and it is very vulgar.

I’m not sure if enculer is spelled correctly (could be enculez, …) because none of the dictionaries I checked contained that word. I was taught to say it, not to spell it.

However, in my opinion, all one really needs is M*HER FKER!!! If you say it right, everone knows what you mean, no matter where you are. If you don’t want to offend, say it to yourself. The all-purpose profanity.

Sweetie! (My wife, katrina, above.) I didn’t know you had such a dirty mouth! :wink:

I speak a (very) (very very) small amount of Spanish, so of course I know some of the choicest bits. I remember watching El Mariachi in the cinema, and when Azul says “culo” into the phone, and the subtitle just had “culo” untranslated, only one other guy and I laughed, and everybody else looked around at us: huh?

I also was in a play where I got to deliver this line in a fierce snarl: “El sabe ni una cosa condenada!” (Please imagine the inverted exclamation point. I don’t feel like looking up the keystroke.) Basically translates as, “He doesn’t understand a goddamn thing.” A very useful phrase.

And in another play, I got to utter a mild epithet in Hungarian. We had a Hungarian guy come in and provide a few phrases; I memorized them phonetically. The only one I remember sounded like this: “Sent kajavash!” If anyone can verify that this means, approximately, “Holy crap,” I’d be very grateful.

Plus, Shakespeare comes in handy. Old English is sufficiently different from modern to qualify, I think, and nothing gets someone’s attention like a lip-curling “'Sblood!” or “'Swounds!” (I wouldn’t recommend “oddsbodkins,” though.)

Hi, first a quick intro…my name’s Tim and this is my first post. I’m kinda intrigued by the subject, since it was started by somebody who likes to speak Swedish in the South, and I’m a southerner living in Sweden…

Anyway, no one has mentioned the Swedish word for “fuck” yet, so I might as well: “knulla”.

It can’t be used with the same abandon as it’s English counterpart, however, since a phrase such as, “Gå och knulla dig själv,” (ie, go fuck yerself) wouldn’t really make much sense to a Swede. He/she might even think it was a good idea.

There’s also a delightful Dutch phrase that goes in part, “nukken in di kukken,” and means approximately, “It’s fun to fuck in the kitchen.”

Oh yeah, and the most impolite way to make reference to the male genitalia in Swedish: Kuk. “Kukjävel” (Dick-devil) is a pretty common insult. The Swedish word for pussy or cunt is “fitta”, and is considered really vulgar. “Fitjävel” (Devil-pussy) can be used, but it’s not a very nice thing to say about your sister.

Well well well. I seem to be a walking Swedish-English Dictionary of Profanity. I’m also beginning to worry about what kind of first impression I make.

I guess I better shut up now.

Lemme drag out a few words from the past that my grandfather used to use, when he’d get pissed.
Skata (Skahtah)- Shit

Gefala- Stupid, but in a loving way.

Gresuzie(I’m not sure)- Idiot.

Meeroonie- Vagina

Bootse- Penis

Veezee- Tits

Booste (Like bootse)- homosexual

On the island where I live, the word for arse is “sanka” and ass-hole is “boraco-sanka” You can imagine how popular the american brand of coffee “Sanka” is here? The name of the language is “Papiamentoe” which means literaly “spoken-thoughts”
Oh yeah my favourite is the Dutch cuss word “Klootzak” which means “testicle-bag” is is an all round cuss word in Dutch. You really have to roll it out, Coldfire will know what I mean.

Svinlesha: You make a great first impression. “Nukken in di kukken.” That rules…

(Hey, sweetie? Nukken in di kukken! :))

Oh, if it was attention you were after, I believe you got it with that one. Very nice, even beats my current fave: lapsi vuohin vittu! (Think that’s the correct grammar…)

And Tim, thanks for your contribution and hejsan!

As for the rest of y’all, thanks again. I feel I should give all this a nice home somewhere, perhaps as a quick reference guide to supplement the link Uncle Beer gave waaaaay up at the start. Lemme think, okay? Even though that sorta hurts at the moment…

Cheers!
R-n-R