Your first post on the SDMB

Huzzah! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :slight_smile: :cool:

Welcome to the board EmmieMoon .

My first post was a question about ideal high schools. I was working with a committee at school and this was an issue we were dealing with. I got about 25 really good responses so I thanked all the posters and explained that I would take this information / ideas back to the committee. Good grief! MEBUCKNER closed the thread and scolded me. Then I was in the pit. What an experience. Fenris, Sailor, and Manda Jo were all very nice to me and helped me understand why I was wrong.

I found this site and within 3 minutes, I had posted a question. I did not read any of the policies or procedures. Boy did I learn alot real quick. I am still hanging out here because I think this board is very interesting. I feel like I am in the company of great folks here.

The Pit is a scary place to be in.

Stop reviving 2 year old threads

Even from that I sweated.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139297&highlight=Coke+Or+Pepsi%3F

I’m pretty sure it was here.

In response to the “what is Goofy?” column. Cecil’s answer was that he was a DAWG, as opposed to Pluto, who was a DOG. I think this is silly. In French, Goofy is called Dingo, and so I figure he is a DINGO, which as we all know is a more clever dog, since they live in the wild. People then shot that down with other language names, etc, but I still belive WHOLEHEARTEDLY that I am right on this one.

A little backstory:

My first post came as a result of the mighty Esprix “calling me out” prior to my registering. To summarize, Esprix joined a message board of which I am an upstanding member and, for one reason or the other, got embroiled in a rather massive flame-war with yours truly. He started a thread in the Pit entitled “Esprix the Newbie?” remarking both on the interesting fish-out-of-water scenario of Esprix being the new kid on the block and as a rant about my immaturity. Someone from the SDMB decided to join my forum and post something to the like of “People on a better message board are laughing at all you idiots.” By doing a google search for “Esprix” that led me here I was able to locate said message board, and, subsequently, said thread. I then posted my response to the pile-on in absentia. Much discussion ensues, etc. You can find my first post in the thread here: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95285&perpage=50&pagenumber=1

My first post was in ATMB …

**Newbie Test Post **

I responded to fizzestothetop’s “Too young to know what love is?” thread shortly before the board crash.

My first post - January 14, 2000.

My first thread, in Great Debates.

My first Pit thread. It was a doozie.

Esprix

My first few posts were in MPSIMS, welcoming people to the message boards and a gardening post. However, I promptly deleted them when Ed told me that we weren’t supposed to start posting yet. So I’m the first person to have posted…and also the first person to have posts deleted!

Mine was lost in one of the great purges…:frowning:

Here is my earliest one:

Interesting

My first post, as the OP of thread #8 on this board, actually drew a response from the Perfect Master himself…although I can’t prove it - as the usernames have all been erased.

What’s up with that? I know that these threads had to be restored from the Winter of Our Missed Content, but to erase the usernames - and to erase the proof that I had received a response from Cecil Adams???

It’s a consipracy, I tell ya…

My first post was about oil changes.

My first post was a little bit controversial…

I wanted it to be that way, because I knew that people here were smart, though i didn’t mean to insult anybody and a lot (not smart dopers) took it the wrong way.

Here it its

Why can’t sitcom characters ever become rich?

almost a full two months after I registered…

:::scratching head ::::::my first post? It was back when this was in AOL and I was JA1166 …Can’t recall, but it was mundane, I’m sure.

I wish the post count from that made it to here…I’d have a higher post count. It appeals to my shallow side.

Mine was either in late 1996 or early 1997 on AOL. I was D8thGuest back then.

I believe, but am not sure, that it was about the high quality of the United States Post Office.

My first post as Mahaloth was about the origins of the term “Heavy Metal”.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123961

I was talking about worms!

And I am talking about my very first post for my hundreth post :slight_smile:

Mine was here. And that bastard Scylla still hasn’t responded to my stinging critique of his technique.

But I got 'm good! I misspelled his name!

Bwah-ha-ha!

Fenris

Muad’Dib, I thought your first ten posts were all multiposts about Bean Beef and Cheese burritos or something… :smiley: