PDA

View Full Version : MS Outlook Blind CC

Paul Coleman
04-13-2000, 09:00 AM
Outlook users one and all...
...If someone sends me an email, cc'd to some, and blind cc'd to others, and I "Reply to All", do the individuals listed under BLIND CC get a copy as well, even though I can't see it?

bj0rn
04-13-2000, 09:35 AM
no...only the ones listed in cc: or to: get a copy.

bj0rn - chickens for sale...!

redtail23
04-13-2000, 09:36 AM
Nope.

------------------
The adage “Knowledge is Power” is incorrect. The correct formulation is “Knowledge that other people don't have is Power”. - The Donald

h_thur
04-13-2000, 09:58 AM
Wrong. That's another crappy Microsoft quirk. The blind ccs get replied to also. Sorry. If you don't want anyone to know who is blind cced, don't use the reply to all command.

-h_thur

starfish
04-14-2000, 12:02 AM
h_thur

Do you mean that when you "reply to all", it shows the addresses of people in the "blind cc:" list?

If your "reply to all" is set to give reciepts, will you get them from people in the "blind cc:" list?

h_thur
04-14-2000, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by starfish:

Do you mean that when you "reply to all", it shows the addresses of people in the "blind cc:" list?

When you reply to all, you will reply to all on the blind cc list so the addresses should show up.

We had MS Outlook where I used to work, and they told us to NEVER blind cc anyone. The reason: if someone you cced down the line hit reply to all, they would reply to all of those who were blind cced. This may only be true if they are using MS Outlook also. If they were using another type of email software and hit reply to all, I don't know whether the blind ccs would be revealed. Don't ya just love Microsoft and all of their squirrelly bugs?!

If your "reply to all" is set to give reciepts, will you get them from people in the "blind cc:" list?[/B]

Not completely sure. At my work, I could only get receipts from others that used MS Outlook. In that case I would get the receipt from someone on the blind cc list.

Hope that helps.

h_thur
04-14-2000, 12:26 AM
Ok, I'm new at posting using quotes and bold and such. Please forgive my funny-looking reply.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.