PDA

View Full Version : is nbc's "ed" dead?

nineiron
01-31-2004, 05:11 AM
Sorry; I tried doing a search on this, but "Ed" is too short a word, and I don't know how else to do it....

My wife and I really enjoy the show "Ed." It's funny, and just quirky enough (to us) to not cross the line into annoying. Lately, they've been running promos saying, "Don't miss the final three episodes" or last night's "Four years have led up to the final episode." I suppose it could mean "the final episode of the year," but they're making it seem so...well, final.

TV Guide merely lists it by saying, "A fourth season wraps up...." So maybe it is just a season finale, not a series finale. Anyone know for sure? I've not been able to find anything definite.

I hope they keep it; it's one of my favorite shows. Maybe another network would pick it up? It does have a bit of a following, or at least I thought....

GuanoLad
01-31-2004, 06:05 AM
Unknown at this stage (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16904)

Moo the Magic Cow
01-31-2004, 01:43 PM
http://www.stuckeyville.com/show/news.asp?ID=199
But I wouldn't bet too much on it continuing. They're promoting it roughly the same as Friends, which is in its last season.

Carnac the Magnificent!
01-31-2004, 03:37 PM
I really enjoyed the first two years, but the writers hemmed it in and turned it into a one-trick pony.

The theme regarding the two principals: Ed loves Carol. Carol loves Ed. Carol can't show Ed she loves him. Ed can't let Carol hurt him. Ed wants to marry Carol. Carol wants to marry Ed. Ed kisses Another Woman. Carol kisses Another Man.

Repeat. Ad nauseum.

Astra
02-01-2004, 01:07 AM
It's a shame if it dies. I really enjoy the goofy sense of humor it has. It's different, in a good way.

twickster
02-01-2004, 07:03 AM
It vaulted the large fish when they brought in Burt Reynolds to play Mike's father.

Carnac the Magnificent!
02-01-2004, 08:45 AM
It vaulted the large fish when they brought in Burt Reynolds to play Mike's father.

One of the great lines in SDMB history!

twickster
02-01-2004, 01:58 PM
One of the great lines in SDMB history!

Merci, m'sieur (or mamselle)! :cool:

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.