PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Game Controller for GTA3-PC

Mariemarie
02-04-2004, 09:23 PM
My husband just bought Grand Theft Auto 3 (for PC, running on WinXP), and he thinks we need a game controller or game pad or something to make driving and steering easier (rather than using the mouse and keyboard). Has anyone here played this game, and can you tell me what kind of controller to get? Or does he just need practice controlling it with the kb & mouse? (Or maybe he needs to get off his butt and put the tools away in the basement, but I digress...)

A joystick seems more suited for airplane games, but maybe it would work. Would a steering wheel be overkill? I might like to try other driving type games; I tend to stop at the red lights, avoid collisions, and allow pedestrians to cross, not really the point of GTA.

I am baffled by the vast array of gaming gadgets available, and the range of prices ($9.99 to $279.00).

Skywatcher
02-04-2004, 09:55 PM
I like Saitek's game pads (http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/gamepads.htm) becuase of their similarity to console models and they're inexpensive.

That's the UK site BTW: the US site is down for maintenance.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.