PDA

View Full Version : I saw the finale of "The Biggest Loser" last night.

Trunk
01-12-2005, 09:33 AM
YOU WON!

:p :p :p :p

Mr Jim
01-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Hehe.. I just watched the last half hr, I think that's the first time the contestants didn't really mind not winning cause of how great they all looked. I like that they had them live in the real world for a few months and test out what they had learned so that instead of a fad diet it became a full lifestyle change.

Indygrrl
01-12-2005, 11:26 AM
I thought they all looked great. When that show first came out, I wasn't sure how it would go. It ended up being really inspirational and a pretty good "reality" series.

The woman in the finals, can't remember her name, looked radiant. She's built kind of big, but she looked healthy and muscular and really fit. I felt proud of them all. I'd be celebrating too, they all really earned it.

Flander
01-12-2005, 11:35 AM
YOU WON!

:p :p :p :p

YOU LOSE!
:p

ivylass
01-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Now, this is a reality show that I can get behind. No humiliation, and a real winner at the end, not some trumped up, rose-receiving winner.

Max Torque
01-12-2005, 04:47 PM
I was a little bummed that Gary didn't win. He was my favorite from the start, and he worked his butt off.

Of the final three, his body fat percentage dropped the most. Unfortunately, it looks like one reason he didn't win (by one stinkin' point) was because he added a lot of muscle, which means his didn't lose as much pound-wise. Did you see his arms at the finale? Actual definition! Awesome!

susan
01-12-2005, 07:07 PM
I reallly liked how the contestants subverted the "Reality" (sic) show aspect of TBL by generally supporting each other. It really helped that their goal was meaningful. I'd still rather watch a competition between two teams with no voting-off-the-island nonsense (which is antithetical to actual group vitality and doesn't foster complexity or negotiation).

Shirley Ujest
01-12-2005, 09:17 PM
What a great show not filled with flat stomached, perk boobed contestants.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.