PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Remeber the "World of Music"? Series?

ralph124c
04-05-2005, 06:59 AM
I remeber my grade school music classes..I also remember that from Grades 1-6, we had a book called "THE WORLD OF MUSIC". These books were collections of songs for children, and were published by either Addison-Wesly or Silver Burdette. I would like to indulge in a little nostalgia-anyone know where I could get a copy? I've tried yard sales and used bookstores without any luck.

RobuSensei
04-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Oh, if only you had posted this seven months ago....

I was back at my parents' place then, taking a month-long break from being an English teacher in Japan. I had to throw out a bunch of stuff that I'd been storing in their basement, because they needed the space. In amongst the stuff that I was forced to toss was a small, mildewy collection of vintage music education books (I was an elementary school music teacher before I came out here), and I know that there were some of those in there.

My mother (also a former teacher) might have saved a few, but they'd be for her own use -- she's teaching herself piano. I'll send her an e-mail...

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.