PDA

View Full Version : "Me and You and Everyone We Know".. Anyone else see it?

Push You Down
07-01-2005, 01:31 PM
http://meandyoumovie.com/

This is the first movie by performance artist Miranda July. I caught the last showing here in LA last night at the Nuart.

It was an amazing and beautiful film.

It stars Miranda July essentially as herself... a performance artist and John Hawkes (Sol Star on Deadwood) as a recently separated shoe salesman who is falling apart.
It also features a brillant little boy named Brandon Ratcliff as one of his sons.

It's about people trying to make connections in the modern world.

Find out when it is playing and go see it.

Brad Douriff ( Doc Cochrane from Deadwood ) was in the audience and sat right behind me. I thought it was sweet that he was checking out Hawke's movie.
I wanted to ask him about season 3... but I chickened out.

))<>((

Push You Down
07-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Now that the movie is in wider release I thought a bump would be permissable.

Hippy Hollow
09-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Risking the wrath of the mods by bumping this. I just saw this on DVD. On one level it was a neat little "slice of life" flick. Nothing horrible or revelatory happened. On the other hand it was a total mindf*ck. What was up with those girls? Where were they when I was in high school?

Weird movie, though enjoyable. I think Miranda July is totally hot!

vivalostwages
09-21-2006, 12:41 AM
I probably could have lived without the "back and forth" deal, but it was quite an interesting film--quirky, daring, odd. I loved that little boy, too. Great scene between him and the woman when they finally discover each other's true identity, not to mention age!

ZipperJJ
09-21-2006, 02:01 AM
I Netflixed it a while back. Pretty good movie. On the "Happiness" tip but not as over-the-top disturbing.

One of the posters here has/had that ))<>(( in his sig. Creeped me out when I figured out what it was :)

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.