PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have the Velvet Underground's "Peel Slowly and See" Box Set?

B. Serum
09-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Could you check the liner notes and let me know if they have certain info on the following songs, specifically: Have these recordings been officially prior to this set? And what was the original recording date of these songs?

- Satellite of Love
- Walk & Talk
- Oh Gin
- Sad Song

Chairman Pow
09-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Could you check the liner notes and let me know if they have certain info on the following songs, specifically: Have these recordings been officially prior to this set? And what was the original recording date of these songs?

- Satellite of Love
- Walk & Talk
- Oh Gin
- Sad Song

FWIW, I had this back in the day (before my brother stole and destroyed it), but I don't recall the liner notes being especially helpful. All I have left now is the first CD of demos. Sigh.

waits
09-05-2005, 05:02 PM
The liner notes claim they were all previously unreleased. All four later showed up on the Loaded (Fully Loaded Edition) a couple of years later.

Indygrrl
09-06-2005, 11:52 AM
I have the box set, but I don't have the answer to your question. I never read the notes very carefully.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.