View Full Version : What's wrong with my testicular sac? (WAYYYY TMI)

09-05-2005, 08:01 PM
First off, yes, I should see a doctor, but before I freak out I wanted to see if I was the only one like this (perhaps this is better off for IMHO?). Second, I would probably be up for a Darwin award based on what I'm about to type, but please just not too harshly.

For the second time in my life, I noticed a small lump under the skin of my testicular sac (is that even the right term)? It did not hurt to the touch, but of course has me concerned. I would feel it now and then, and although it did not get bigger, it did not go away either. The lump was very solid and measured probably no bigger than 3 mm.

Curiosity got the better of me last night, after having this one for about a month, so last night I took a small knife, and after pinching off the skin around it, cut the skin away, exposing the lump. The lump appeared to be at the base of the skin, but not at all attached to the testicles themselves. Using some freshly sterilized nail clippers, I then tried to excise the lump. There was a very small amount of blood around the lump from where I had removed the skin, but not from the lump itself.

While I could not 'remove' the lump per se, I somehow punctured into it near the base. What came out was neither blood, nor pus, but more of a thick white fluid that had the same viscosity and thickness of perhaps bathroom caulk as it comes out of a gun. The area where the skin was removed is now a little sore, but I applied antiseptic and a bandage.

Now that I have thoroughly disgusted all but the mightiest among you, does anyone have any idea if this is normal (the lump, not my treatment of it), or should I start considering chemo or having my balls removed?

Qadgop the Mercotan
09-05-2005, 08:05 PM
No more self-surgery.

Get yourself to a doctor, to get this (most likely) benign lump addressed before you kill yourself diddling with it.

Mods? You don't want this one to continue.


09-05-2005, 08:06 PM
BTW: Your testicular sac is more commonly known as a scrotum. (Since you asked.)

09-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Dude, you cut your scrotum! You cut your scrotum!

You cut your scrotum!

What the hell were you thinking?! Hie thee to a doctor, and don't cut your scrotum again!

09-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Now that I have thoroughly disgusted all but the mightiest among you

Dude, you did surgery on your own scrotum :eek: . You are the mightiest among us...


...mightiest damnfool among us, that is.

Listen to Qadgop, who is a real doctor: hie thyself and thine Balzac to a physician and have a real medical follow-up, like, in a hurry. Besides, you'll make the doc's day -- he'll be telling your story for years to come... :D

09-05-2005, 08:23 PM
IANAD, but it sounds like what you have is a sebaceous cyst, which is not dangerous. Still, better let a doctor have a look.

09-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Hey! I just happen to have some MONOSOF (sealed) surgical thread and needle (http://www.tycohealth-ece.com/files/d0000/ty_kkuxef.pdf) a Urologist accidently left in a notebook case I lent him. It says 45 CM 6-0 SN-1956 and it has a little curvy needle already attached (magically almost) to the nylon. I've been wondering what I could use this for and since you're in need.... ;)

09-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Just to be clear since med advice stuff is getting kind of sensitive lately. While I do have the Doc's extra supplies I am kidding in the post above.

09-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Weren't 572 posts enough?

See your doc. Shoot, I'll even let you see my doc just so long as I don't have to admit any knowledge of this. You could also post to alt/rec/self_vivisection and get an answer, but do you really want to?

09-05-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm speechless.

But not so stunned that I can't close this one.

samclem GQ moderator