PDA

View Full Version : Gilligan's Island fans: favorite eps

Mr. Blue Sky
09-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Well, there's got to be few fans here. Here's mine:

"Castaways Pictures Presents" - Silent movie equipment (in mint condition, of course) washes up on the island and the castaways decide to make a movie telling authorities there story. The resulting film is hilarious.

"Smile, You're on Mars Camera" - A space probe destined for Mars lands on the island. NASA engineers (who have the collective IQ of a dried fig), think they're watching Martian chicken people.

"So Sorry, My Island Now" - A WWII Japanese soldier (Vito Scotti - who has played just about every nationality on film) still fighting the war takes the castaways hostage. Incredibly non-PC. Is it still shown today?

"V for Vitamins" - Gilligan is in charge of guarding the precious orange seeds and has a "Jack and the Beanstalk" dream (featuring his son playing a miniature Gilligan to the Skipper's giant). Also has MaryAnn in a short maid's outfit!

"Meet the Meteor" - A deadly meteor targets the island (although it looks a lot like a giant radioactive meatball). Gilligan, Skipper, and the Professor dress up like a prehistoric Devo in their lead clothing.

"Ring Around Gilligan" - A mad scientist (Vito Scotti again) uses radio controlled rings to turn the castaways into Ft. Knox robbing zombies.

"The Secret of Gilligan's Island" - Gilligan finds an ancient stone map showing a way off the island. Loved the caveman dream. "Dino-saur! Dino-saur!"

"The Producer" - A musical Hamlet? Freaking brilliant.

"The Friendly Physician" - A mad scientist (Vito Scotti!) performs mind/body swapping experiments on the castaways.

"Don't Bug the Mosquitoes" - Rock band The Wellingtons (who also perform the show's theme song) land on the island (a lot of people can find this island, it seems) for some rest. Fat chance. Compare the Honeybees' "You Need Me" to Paul Carrack's "I Need You".

teela brown
09-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Oh, the giant spider one, whatever that one's called. I was a little kid when I saw it and it scared the wee-wee out of me.

JThunder
09-06-2005, 05:49 PM
"Don't Bug the Mosquitoes" - Rock band The Wellingtons (who also perform the show's theme song) land on the island (a lot of people can find this island, it seems) for some rest. Fat chance. Compare the Honeybees' "You Need Me" to Paul Carrack's "I Need You".
Ginger and Mary Ann dancing. Sigh...

Mr. Blue Sky
09-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Ginger and Mary Ann dancing. Sigh...

Potential band name:

Mary Ann's Ass

The New Guy
09-06-2005, 06:10 PM
I liked the one where they almost got off the island, but Gilligan fouled it up at the last minute. ;)

RikWriter
09-06-2005, 06:47 PM
My favorite was the one with mad scientist who took them to his island and switched their brains.

Bricker
09-06-2005, 06:52 PM
"The Most Dangerous Gilligan"

Hunter Jonathan Kincaid and assistant Ramu hunt Gilligan like a game animal.

Robot Arm
09-06-2005, 06:58 PM
A bit of trivia, what two future James Bond henchmen had roles on Gilligan's Island?

Revtim
09-06-2005, 07:05 PM
"The Friendly Physician" - A mad scientist (Vito Scotti!) performs mind/body swapping experiments on the castaways.This was my favorite. Any kind of horror theme always vastly entertained me as kid.

Odinoneeye
09-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Here are my favorites with my own names.

"The Harold hecuba Epsidoe" - You know, where they sing "I ask to be, or not to be"

"The Ginger isn't Ginger, she's Mary Anne" epsidoe where Mary Anne hits her head and things she's Ginger.

"The Mind Swirfch" - Mad scientist takes the castaways to another island nad switch thier brains.

Mr. Blue Sky
09-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Here are my favorites with my own names.

<snip>

"The Mind Swirfch" - Mad scientist takes the castaways to another island nad switch thier brains.

And your own spelling. :D

BiblioCat
09-06-2005, 07:46 PM
I always liked the one where they found the vegetable seeds that washed up and planted them, not knowing they were radioactive. They ate what they planted, and had incredible reactions, based on what they ate. Gilligan ate the spinach and got really strong, Mrs. Howell ate sugar beets and ran around like a maniac, Mary Ann ate the carrots and could see for miles and miles.

ouryL
09-06-2005, 07:49 PM
The Radioactive Veggie episode, where thet gain super hero powers and the Mad Scientist episode, where they switch bodies.

Biffy the Elephant Shrew
09-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Mad scientist takes the castaways to another island nad switch thier brains.
At least he didn't switch their nads.

Odinoneeye
09-06-2005, 08:12 PM
At least he didn't switch their nads.

That was in the unrated director's cut.

Robot Arm
09-06-2005, 08:34 PM
At least he didn't switch their nads.Mrs. Howell <-> Skipper
Mary Ann <-> the Professor
Ginger <-> Mad Scientist's Henchman
Gilligan <-> Mr. Howell

so all the women, and most of the men, were packing tackle that was not factory original equipment.

And how sad is it that I know that all by memory?

Sir Rhosis
09-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Was it a GI episode that had a rock band with members whose names were something like: Bingo, Bango, Bungo and Fred?

Sir Rhosis

Mr. Blue Sky
09-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Was it a GI episode that had a rock band with members whose names were something like: Bingo, Bango, Bungo and Fred?

Sir Rhosis

"Don't Bug the Mosquitoes". The band was real - The Wellingtons. They also perform the theme song. The names were Bingo, Bango, Bongo, and Irving.

BiblioCat
09-07-2005, 06:43 AM
The one where the Mars Explorer thing accidentally landed on the island and broke - a lens fell out of the camera and they had to find it so the guys back at NASA (or whatever it was back then) could see then and rescue them.
Gilligan wants to be in back so his brother doesn't see him - if he sees him, he'll punch him because he's wearing his shirt.
At the same time, Gilligan was collecting feathers on the sly for Mr. Howell and storing them in one of the huts. They got the camera working, but they all got covered in glue (Gilligan left the lid on the glue pot and it exploded) and then ended up plastered in feathers when the NASA guys saw them that way. They of course assumed Mars was inhabited by Chicken People.
"Why is that big chicken man making that little chicken man sit down?"
"I think he's trying to get him to lay an egg!"

Why do I remember this stuff?

Biotop
09-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Mind reading seeds!

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.