PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Guatemala Ep. 7 - "Surprise Enemy Visit"

rockle
10-27-2005, 02:35 PM
From Yahoo! TV:

When a tribe decides to visit the other tribes' camp, the castaways are leery of befriending enemies.
Hope the episode turns out to be better than it sounds. Maybe if it was a "Surprise Eminem Visit" it would be cooler ... Anyway, I'm going to continue to cheer for Rafe, thereby ensuring that the best he can possibly finish is 3rd place. Same as my Beloved Dolphin Boy. (Although, I suppose there are worse things in the world than being compared to the hottest hottie in Survivor history.)

Draelin
10-27-2005, 03:04 PM
I find it hard to believe that one tribe will just "decide" to visit the other camp. That's certainly not how they're promoting it. Sure, if Jeff says "It's your choice--go visit the other tribe, or let these howler monkeys have their carnal way with you," then I guess it's a decision, but I don't think they're just going to wake up and say "Gee ... I feel like visitin'!"

Little Nemo
10-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Actually this may be the first time it was physically likely. In most previous series, the two camps were widely seperated. In Guatemala, the two camps are almost within sight (http://www.claycritters.com/map/survivor_11_map.htm) of each other.

levdrakon
10-27-2005, 03:26 PM
I still think one of these seasons, they need the teams from the currently filming Amazing Race to drop by the Survivor camps and have some sort of reward challenge/pit stop detour type thing.

rockle
10-27-2005, 03:42 PM
"It's your choice--go visit the other tribe, or let these howler monkeys have their carnal way with you,"
Oooooooh ... you know those monkeys want NONE of that action. "Evolution, schmevolution," they're saying, "I'm staying the hell away from those bozos!"

levdrakon]I still think one of these seasons, they need the teams from the currently filming Amazing Race to drop by the Survivor camps and have some sort of reward challenge/pit stop detour type thing.
It would be awesome if one of the Race challenges involved beating the snot out of Survivor contestants. Especially this batch. Because they're really boring.

Draelin
10-27-2005, 03:48 PM
It would be awesome if one of the Race challenges involved beating the snot out of Survivor contestants. Especially this batch. Because they're really boring.
I would love to see Wee Carissa in a footrace with Jungle Judd. (With Little Billy making snarky comments from the sidelines.)

rockle
10-27-2005, 04:31 PM
I would love to see Wee Carissa in a footrace with Jungle Judd. (With Little Billy making snarky comments from the sidelines.)
Hell, yeah! That was the best part of the entire episode, maybe even the best moment in "Survivor" history! It wasn't even a race. Wee Carissa Gaghan ran absolute circles around Judd and had him hogtied before he even heard Phil say "Go!" Meanwhile, Billy and Howlie just sat there in the trees, laughing and throwing crabapples and coconuts at Judd's head, listening to that hollow echoing sound as the fruits bounced off. It was sweeeeeet! And all the while Judd was ranting and hollering about how the Gaghans weren't being good "sportsmanships." He was almost in tears, he was so mad! And then, after he lost to kids whose combined age is half his, he got unanimously voted out. It was awesome!

Wait ... what do you mean, it didn't really happen? Exsqueeze me? Whaaaaaaa? I refuse to listen to you any more, because you're a LIAR. Liar, liar, pants on FIRE! See, I have my fingers in my ears, and I'm singing a song, because I can't even hear you. La la la freaking LAAAAAAAAAAA!

Shut UP. A girl can dream ...

Oh, and before I forget: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!

The Big Cheese
10-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Rockle, you're a riot lately. thanks.

I think Wee Carissa would get the shiste scared out of her by Jungle Judd. She'd think halloween came early on Vanuatu or wherever they are this time around. He'd give her those big, disbelieving eyes ranting about who drank his beer and she'd scatter up the tree, in no time at all since she runs 7 minute miles. Mr and Mrs Gaghan wouldn't know where the kids were, and of course wouldn't ask for directions.

But even better, let's leave the Paolas and Jungle Judd all alone on an island...wouldn't that be special??

rockle
10-27-2005, 07:13 PM
But even better, let's leave the Paolas and Jungle Judd all alone on an island...wouldn't that be special??
Are you there, God? It's me, rockle. Do you think the above situation could be arranged? If so, I'll go light another candle or summat. Thanks!

rockle
10-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Hmm. That actually was a good episode. Although, I have to say, that Reward Challenge? Made me positively sick to my stomach just from watching. Like Bobby Jon needs to be any dizzier ... but that was a cool-ass Reward, and one I wouldn't mind winning myself. Looks like Howlie and his boys were cheering Yaxhá on as they ziplined their way through the rainforest canpoy. Nice appearance by Special Wildlife Guest Star Lenny the Ring-Tailed Lemur. Welcome to the show, you handsome fella!

Very interesting that Yaxhá was allowed to just float into Nakúm's dock and invite them away. I don't know why, but I always sort of assumed that fraternization like that was frowned upon, if not actively discouraged. It's kind of moot now with the merge coming up, but what's to keep future tribes in future seasons from just showing up at a competing tribe's doorstep and having their way (with food, water, rewards, women, howler monkeys, etc.)?

And by the way -- tell me, have you ever seen such a case of "the lady doth protest too much" as you did with Nakúm tonight? "Oh, we hate them, they're the enemy, we want to rip their heads of and eat their gizzards, we don't need no stinkin' badges and their chocolate and their bribes and their poison!" When the worst thing that might have happened is, maybe Judd peed in the pool or something. Which, eww, but still.

I don't know when it happened, or how, but Yaxhá has won my heart. Seriously, I totally <heart> them, and I can't tell you why, but I do. That may have been the most honest and least annoying Tribal Council I've ever seen. Those guys genuinely felt badly about voting for anyone, and Amy totally took her ouster like a champ. Way to go! She just made my list of Top Ten Favorite Survivors Ever, and not only that, but she's #2. Amy is the Survivor everyone used to think Stephenie is.

After two classy exits in a row (Brian last week, and now Amy), it looks like we're due for some shit to be stirred next week. Yawn. Hope something happens soon, or CBS is getting a letter about giving Howlie and Lenny that variety show we were talking about a few episodes back.

jayjay
10-27-2005, 08:25 PM
That was a coatimundi, not a lemur. There are no lemurs in the Western Hemisphere. I had to correct supervenusfreak on that same point...

Anyway, did anyone else expect them to start singing "It's a Long, Long Way to Tipperary" when they had all four people wrapped up and scuttling around?

jayjay
10-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Coatimundi (http://www.magnergraphix.com/ScubaPics/landpix/Coatimundi.html)

Ring-tail Lemur (http://www.naturalbridgezoo.net/RingTailLemur.htm)

Lady Venom
10-27-2005, 08:31 PM
All in all, good episode tonight. Brandon is still my main man methinks.

My hubby kept laughing at the wrap-up challenge, especially because he had been hoping for it.

During the jungle zip, I said "Wouldn't it be funny if they got to the end of the zipline, and there was the merge?"

Not sure I liked the way the merge happened. I assumed it would happen next week after the reward challenge, like usual.

Still a pretty "meh" season, but this was a pretty good week. Still waiting for something to knock my socks off.

Time for bed, hope I don't dream about Judd in those wet tightie whities *shudder*

Green Bean
10-27-2005, 08:44 PM
This has been an especially good season for wildlife shots. I initially thought "lemur" also, but the head was different. Thanks for the ID.

jayjay
10-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Time for bed, hope I don't dream about Judd in those wet tightie whities *shudder*

I, on the other hand, will probably be seeing Judd in those boxers (not tightie-whities...I would have KILLED to see him in tightie-whities) in my dreams for a long time. Mmmmm...

I'd have to gag him, though. If he started talking, it would be all over.

Little Nemo
10-27-2005, 10:55 PM
I finally realized tonight who Danni reminds me of. She looks like Tawny Kitaen did back in the 80s. This has nothing to do with the show - just thought I'd mention it.

Interesting watching Amy and Gary worry about the vote now that there were only two of them. Isn't that kind of what Brian was warning you guys about just three days ago?

The merge next week should be different. This season doesn't seem to have any strong alliances (although, as always, we may be having the real alliances hidden from us). Will the Nokums stick together to pick off the four Yaxhas or will new alliances form? The Yaxhas only have to bring over two people to take the majority - Cindy's been an outsider and Lydia's close to it. Or maybe the core Nakums (Stephanie, Jamie, Judd, and maybe Rafe) will bring in one or two Yaxhas (Gary or Brandon would be my guesses) to form a new majority.

Is the tempature still up over a hundred degrees? That leftover chocolate is going to get ugly real fast.

On a final note - am I the only one who hates the family messages?

John Mace
10-28-2005, 12:37 AM
This has been an especially good season for wildlife shots. I initially thought "lemur" also, but the head was different. Thanks for the ID.

Probably because of the ringed tail. But a lemur is a primate and a coatimundi is a racoon-like mammal.

I kinda thought this episode was a little slow. Nothing really stands out, except I've always wondered if there was some rule about going to the opposing camp site.

Doorman-Boy better win immunity next week, or that's the last we'll see of his obnoxious ass. God bless him for his ox-like strength, but his ox-like intellect and personality will be his undoing.

BiblioCat
10-28-2005, 07:10 AM
That was a coatimundi, not a lemur. There are no lemurs in the Western Hemisphere. I had to correct supervenusfreak on that same point...
Well, smack my ass and call me Mama Weaver, 'cause my kids asked what it was and I said, "I think it's a Ring-Tailed Lemur." :eek:

I also could have done without that shot of Judd in the tighty-whiteys.

Little Nemo, I also am getting sick of the family messages. They were cute at first, but have worn thin. Very thin.

At the RC, when Jeff was talking about what else the Mayans gave to the world, I guessed it and yelled out "Chocolate!" before he said it. Chocolat is one of my favorite movies. Mmmm, Johnny Depp.

I think we need to take up a collection to ship rockle out to LA so she can work for both TAR and Survivor. The stuff she comes up with is so much better that what we see.
The image of Carrisa chasing Judd.... :D :D She'd kick his ass.

rockle
10-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Well, smack my ass and call me Mama Weaver, 'cause my kids asked what it was and I said, "I think it's a Ring-Tailed Lemur." :eek:
Heheheheheheheh. So it's Carl the Coatimundi instead of Lenny the Lemur. Oh, well. He'll still make an excellent sidekick to Howlie.

I also could have done without that shot of Judd in the tighty-whiteys.
Good God, yes! My eyes, ze googles, zhey do nozhink!

At the RC, when Jeff was talking about what else the Mayans gave to the world, I guessed it and yelled out "Chocolate!" before he said it. Chocolat is one of my favorite movies. Mmmm, Johnny Depp.
I'm sure I can design a Reward Challenge, but I think my best work is behind me. Doubt I can ever top "Flotillas or Chinchillas."

Mahaloth
10-28-2005, 09:08 AM
I can not believe the contestants feel sorry for Bobby Jon. Who cares if he wants to make the jury and never made it to the merge before?

He also has been given a second chance for no reason and both he and Stephanie should have been voted off immediately. Why are they still on?

Draelin
10-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Okay, so I was wrong about "deciding" to visit the other tribe. I'm big enough to admit it. :)

Little Nemo, you're right. Danni does look like Tawny Kitaen--only skeletonier.

Can anybody explain to me why the open festering wounds appear to have turned white? That's just plain gross, but I don't get it. I try to limit my intimate familiarity with open festering wounds, if at all possible.

Did anybody else catch that look that Bobby Jon threw Brandon when he said that maybe you don't honor alliances? It was priceless. I think ol' BJ really thought he was going last night. And I think he should have. But what he said about Amy was very, very sweet.

And is this the lamest merge ever, or what?

rockle
10-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Can anybody explain to me why the open festering wounds appear to have turned white? That's just plain gross, but I don't get it. I try to limit my intimate familiarity with open festering wounds, if at all possible.
I fell off a merry-go-round at the local park once and got a big ugly scab on my shoulder. I spent a lot of time in the pool that summer, and the scab stayed pretty much white, from being wet all the time. BUT. Never in a million squillion years would I ever use my own scabs as bait. Even for minnows. Gee-ross. And somehow, it's infinitely grosser that Bobby Jon was trying to catch minnows in his mouth that were just trying to eat skin off his own person. That boy done lost his ever-lovin' mind, I tell you whut.

The Big Cheese
10-28-2005, 09:48 AM
I can not believe the contestants feel sorry for Bobby Jon. Who cares if he wants to make the jury and never made it to the merge before?

He also has been given a second chance for no reason and both he and Stephanie should have been voted off immediately. Why are they still on?
But...But...But this is his LIFELONG DREAM!!!!!!!!! How can you take that away form him! Ever since he was a little Bobby Jon he dreamed of being on the jury. He said so.
:dubious:
A. Wouldn't your dream be, oh, I don't know, to maybe WIN the show SURVIVOR?? No, he just wants to make it to jury & merge.

B. The show's been on for what, 7 years? But it's his lifelong dream?

Gary is the luckiest guy around. If they went to Tribal Council next week with those 4 he's the one being waived. Now the 'whole dynamics' will be changing.

I think they shoulda used that PhotoShop-like digitized thing on Judd in those boxer briefs. (I think that's what they were, but I turned my eyes real quick--didn't want to be blinded.) Looks like next week he gets into it with someone again--I'm shocked! :eek:

Meh episode. Merge, ya da hey.

rockle
10-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Gary is the luckiest guy around. If they went to Tribal Council next week with those 4 he's the one being waived. Now the 'whole dynamics' will be changing.
I meant to mention this. (Sorry, I forgot, but what do you people want from me? I'm dressed as a lobster for Halloween at work, ferchrissakes!) Gary pretty much won the lottery last night. Good for him! I like him, even if I can't understand anything he's saying.

JSexton
10-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Thoughts:

Way too many alpha males in the merged tribe now. Good times for Lydia and others to take Brian's lead and let the oxes self-destruct.

Brandon's an idiot for mouthing off at TC and then not voting out Bobby Jon. "some people don't deserve to be here" and "maybe it's time to break alliances"? Good going, dingleberry. Way to alienate your ally.

Bobby Jon - Are you TRYING to get some awful infection? Eating minnows raw and straight from the river as they feast on your decaying flesh...could be some germs there.

Rewards suppliers - You guys are evil. Feeding starving people massive quantities of alcohol and/or chocolate is just cruel. I'm suprised we were spared footage of people hurling.

CapnPitt
10-28-2005, 11:28 AM
The main drawback of the episode was the absolutely-to-be-expected "curve" thrown by Burnett last night. In standard Survivor fashion, whoever's being talked about most for being booted has no chance of being booted. No statistics here, just guy instinct. It feels like it happens all the time.

Other than that, pretty good episode despite no laff riot Judd meltdown this week.

Walkabout
10-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Attention, rockle: your Survivor! boyfriend Ian is on "Survivor Live" on the CBS website (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor11/) RIGHT NOW!

GargoyleWB
10-28-2005, 01:17 PM
What are people referring to about "family messages"? I haven't noticed anything, although the monkeys in the trees look like they have some sort of nuclear family structure.

Mahaloth
10-28-2005, 01:36 PM
What are people referring to about "family messages"? I haven't noticed anything, although the monkeys in the trees look like they have some sort of nuclear family structure.

Keep watching after the show is over. They show a clip of the survivor who was booted's famly wishing them good luck.

rockle
10-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Attention, rockle: your Survivor! boyfriend Ian is on "Survivor Live" on the CBS website (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor11/) RIGHT NOW!
Holy carp! His little Halloween costume is ADORABLE! ... Sigh ... I miss him so much. Call me, Ian!

GASP ... You don't suppose there's any chance that Ian will be the new host when Probsty leaves, do you? Dare I even think it?

By the way, Amy looks quite lovely on the Webchat. She looks really great.

Walkabout
10-28-2005, 02:05 PM
He's pretty cute, but I can hardly watch that thing with Jenna Morasco on it. I can't stand her! I liked it when Richard Hatch was on it. I boycotted it most of last season because of her, but I finally had to give in, just to see my favorites (like Ian).

DeVena
10-28-2005, 02:18 PM
-snip- (Sorry, I forgot, but what do you people want from me? I'm dressed as a lobster for Halloween at work, ferchrissakes!) -snip-

OK just a second. rockle is a lobster for Halloween? Would that make you a Rockle Lobster? Do you have a beehive hairdo and big claws and sing B-52 songs???

On that note, I think I need to find something to eat before I post any more...

GraceTX
10-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Did anyone else lose sound during the Survivor Live broadcast? I had sound and it suddenly went out and I don't know if it's just my computer.

SkeptiJess
10-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Nobody else noticed when Bobbie Jon said something was "the gold rush at the end of the rainbow?" What a maroon.

I hate the family thingies, too.

jsc1953
10-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Actually this may be the first time it was physically likely. In most previous series, the two camps were widely seperated. In Guatemala, the two camps are almost within sight (http://www.claycritters.com/map/survivor_11_map.htm) of each other.

Where'd you get the cool map? Are there maps of all Survivors?

rockle
10-28-2005, 03:18 PM
OK just a second. rockle is a lobster for Halloween? Would that make you a Rockle Lobster? Do you have a beehive hairdo and big claws and sing B-52 songs???
I guess it would make me a rockle-obster, all thought I hadn't thought of that. And I don't have a beehive because I'm hairstylistically impaired, so I can't make my head go like that. But I do have little pigtail puffs and this cool foam hat that I got from Red Lobster just for asking, plus I wore a shawl made from craft-store fishing net, and claws made from oven mitts. And I handed out popcorn to the judges of the company decorating contest, because when else are you going to get popcorn from a lobster? Oh, and I'm always singing B-52's songs, plus today I was also singing "Birdhouse in Your Soul," because why the hell not? It's pretty hysterical, actually. There are pictures, so I hope no one was counting on me to run for public office.

Little Nemo
10-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Someone put up maps of all the series locations online. The main Survivor article at Wikipedia had links to all of them. Unfortunately, whoever had the maps up changed all the URLs except the Guatemala one so I no longer know if the others are online or where they're at.

levdrakon
10-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Two things:

Gary: "Amy can look for me all she wants, she'll never find me, I'm not using my real name! She could search for years!" Dude, think about what you just said. You're on a show.

Bobby Jon: "I just want to make it to the jury, that would be a life-long dream come true!" Wow. You really did just fall off the turnip truck, didn't you?

Skammer
10-28-2005, 08:57 PM
The thing I love about that map is the location of the Loser's Lodge: "El Retiro Eco-Lodge and Serpentarium." When someone is voted off, Jeff should announce, "You're off to the Serpentarium!"

Little Nemo
10-28-2005, 11:30 PM
One thing I learned form the maps is that on Survivor Vanuatu the two camps (Lopevi and Yasur) were only about a kilometer apart and there was a road running between them. Makes you wonder if they were originally hoping for some midnight rendezvous between the boys and the girls. But then they went and stuck a security camp between them.

jayjay
10-28-2005, 11:47 PM
One thing I learned form the maps is that on Survivor Vanuatu the two camps (Lopevi and Yasur) were only about a kilometer apart and there was a road running between them. Makes you wonder if they were originally hoping for some midnight rendezvous between the boys and the girls. But then they went and stuck a security camp between them.

They were probably afraid Ami was going to snap and try to do some extracurricular voting off of the men. With rocks. Sharp ones.

want2know
10-30-2005, 07:58 PM
BTW, where are middleman 's weekly ratings? I'm jonesing here!

middleman
10-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Sorry for the delay. I have been out of town at a cousin’s wedding and I didn’t get to see the episode until tonight. And we finally get to the merge. That is when the game really gets good….even in a weak season like Guatemala.

And so, the less anticipated, highly derivative RICH RANKINGS! (N or Y for Tribe (Nakum or Yaxha) and Last Week’s Ranking in Parentheses).

FORGOT TO FILE A 1040- I guess you couldn't outwit everyone!

Jim,Morgan,Brianna, Brooke, Blake,Brian,Margaret- These guys will miss an interesting merge. I think some of the original alliances may be complicated by good post-shuffle camaraderie.
Amy- She should have played up the fact that a gimpy, middle aged woman is no threat in individual challenges.

JUDD'S CATEGORY- You're Judd.

Judd- (N/Judd)- I’m pretty sure he’s still Judd. And by the looks of it, next week he continues being Judd.

EATING BEEF JERKY- You're still playing, but you're praying for a tribe scramble!

Bobby Jon- (Y/Mohawk)- This week was a rehearsal, but I think post-merge is when the “You’ve Had Your Shot” syndrome goes live. Plus, may I add that Bobby Jon’s flip into the mat during the reward challenge was like sliding into home after hitting a homerun. What a freak!
Stephenie- (N/Mohawk)- Ditto for Steph. Besides, who likes her? Bobby Jon is at least liked by his tribe.

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A MERGE?-

Jamie- (N/Mohawk)- The Mr. Surly act doesn’t help you. You’re still strong, but boo-hoo, tittie baby. Plus, you seem to have hitched your wagon to the star that is…. JUDD.

HEY! LOOK AT HIS MOHAWK-You might make the merge, but you're grimacing from the jury row!

Cindy-- (N/Jerky)- Making the merge upgrades Cindy considerably. She has no real attachment, so she can leech off another alliance to give them one more member.

LOOKING FOR A BIG TOM TO ENGLISH DICTIONARY- Big Tom has spent more combined days on the show than anyone. But he didn't quite grab the brass ring.

Brandon- (Y/Mohawk)- A guest commentary from Mrs. Middleman for Brandon: “When Brandon said that this game was racking his brain? Probably not too difficult to rack…..”
Lydia- (N/Tom)- I predict a second place finish for Lydia.
Rafe- (N/Tom)- Rafe is coming in 5th. Aka, the nice guy spot.

ARE YOU A RAT OR A SNAKE?- Reserved for a MAXIMUM of two players. You have to be in the driver's seat for this spot.

Gary- (Y/Rat)- Even I’m starting to believe he wasn’t an NFL-QB. Though he is in the Rat/Snake, I think he needs to take out Danni to make the final two.
Danni- (Y/Rat)- In my view, she is in a league of her own. She is in with of the boys and has the physical skills to compete in the individuals. I think she is taking the million dollars.

Merge Predictions:

Last to Not Make the Jury: Bobby Jon

Final Four:
4. Brandon
3. Gary
Danni over Lydia

Little Nemo
10-30-2005, 11:24 PM
I agree that Bobby Jon may be skipping jury duty. He's weak in terms of allies, the most likely to suffer from "strong teammate>strong competition" backlash, and he's got the "you had your chance" hook for other people to use against him.

rockle
10-31-2005, 06:52 AM
Final Four:
4. Brandon
3. Gary
Danni over Lydia
If this happens I will gouge my own eyes out. Seriously. The only possible worse outcome this season would be Steph vs. Danni in F2, which would case my poor little head to literally explode. Like, BOOM, and then there's blood and brains and feathers everywhere, like when that guy from the Mets hit that bird with a ball that one time. In that case, would you guys please send yellow roses to my funeral?

middleman
10-31-2005, 06:57 AM
The howler monkey will be there to sing "Amazing Grace" and we will have a Twenty-One WALLLLLLT salute!

rockle
10-31-2005, 12:11 PM
The howler monkey will be there to sing "Amazing Grace" and we will have a Twenty-One WALLLLLLT salute!
This is exactly why you guys are the best. Can you see if you can get Ian to say a few words? (Double Bonus Afterlife Points if you can get him to cry, although it doesn't appear to be that difficult.) And maybe get Phil Keoghan to show up?

Draelin
10-31-2005, 12:17 PM
I will happily (or not really happily, 'cause you're dead, but reverently, at least) take part in the 21-WAAAAAAAAAAALT-Salute, and comfort Ian when it's over. :)

The Big Cheese
10-31-2005, 12:28 PM
I understand most of this, but I don't get the 'Walt' reference...help?

BiblioCat
10-31-2005, 01:27 PM
And maybe get Phil Keoghan to show up?
"rockle, I'm sorry to tell you that you've been eliminated from the Human Race."

;)

Ethilrist
10-31-2005, 01:47 PM
It's a Lost reference. Michael's son Walt has been kidnapped by murderous savages with guns, and his method of searching for his son is to go crashing through the jungle yelling "WAAAAALLLLLT!" at the top of his lungs. We're all hoping for a Firefly moment sometime soon. "Walt, say goodbye to your daddy."

rockle
10-31-2005, 02:23 PM
"rockle, I'm sorry to tell you that you've been eliminated from the Human Race."

;)
Sweeeeeeeeet! And Draelin? If you have your way with my Ian, I will haunt your ass forever. Consider yourself warned.

Draelin
10-31-2005, 02:43 PM
If you have your way with my Ian, I will haunt your ass forever. Consider yourself warned.
I just might be willing to take that risk. :D

JSexton
10-31-2005, 03:57 PM
I just might be willing to take that risk. :D
You might wanna rethink that. rockle is kinda scary.

want2know
10-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Holy carp! His little Halloween costume is ADORABLE! ... Sigh ... I miss him so much. Call me, Ian!

GASP ... You don't suppose there's any chance that Ian will be the new host when Probsty leaves, do you? Dare I even think it?

Oh my Og, could you imagine the horror? :eek:

Ian : "Gee, you all look a little tired tonight. How about we skip TC and all get a good night's sleep?"

Or:

"Well, this is your tribe's 6th straight challenge victory, but I'm going to award it to the other tribe because it's the fair thing to do."

:D

middleman
10-31-2005, 05:10 PM

;)

"DAMN! I had hoped this was a non-elimination funeral!"

rockle
10-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Oh, come on, now! I'm a 31-year-old semi-genius who dressed as a friggin' lobster for Halloween - how scary can I be? Yes, mistakes have been made, but still. There are pictures. I'm not THAT scary. Well, OK, but only sometimes.

"Well, this is your tribe's 6th straight challenge victory, but I'm going to award it to the other tribe because it's the fair thing to do."
He wouldn't do that, seeing as how he was on the Palau tribe that didn't suck like a Dyson. As host, he wouldn't make anybody cry, but nobody would make him cry, either, so it could work.

"DAMN! I had hoped this was a non-elimination funeral!"
I hope when you say that you're wearing a Hawaiian-print bathing suit, flip-flops, a fur hat with earflaps, Freakie Freezies, and a bright yellow raincoat. Because otherwise it really wouldn't make any sense.

Also ... just want you all to know that I would like Burton, Gregg, Brady, Ryan O., Ethan, and Probst to be my pallbearers. And no matter what my husband says, I want to be buried in my "My Ox Is BROKEN!" T-shirt and my Chuck Taylor Converse All-Stars.

middleman
10-31-2005, 08:36 PM
I hope when you say that you're wearing a Hawaiian-print bathing suit, flip-flops, a fur hat with earflaps, Freakie Freezies, and a bright yellow raincoat. Because otherwise it really wouldn't make any sense.

Also ... just want you all to know that I would like Burton, Gregg, Brady, Ryan O., Ethan, and Probst to be my pallbearers. And no matter what my husband says, I want to be buried in my "My Ox Is BROKEN!" T-shirt and my Chuck Taylor Converse All-Stars.

I promise.

Mama Tiger
10-31-2005, 10:07 PM

It's a crossover reference to another show, Lost, in which Walt's dad, Michael, has been wandering the jungle searching for his abducted son, yelling out, WAAAAAALT!

Mama Tiger
10-31-2005, 10:12 PM
Aaaand next time it would help to actually read page 2 of the thread before replying about 12 hours late. :smack:

singular1
11-01-2005, 06:56 AM

Where are you finding this picture? All I can see is the headshot - everything else is from this season. :(

rockle
11-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Where are you finding this picture? All I can see is the headshot - everything else is from this season. :(
When he was actually on live. He was wearing a "traditional" prisoner costume, with the stripes, and a cute little pillbox style hat (or whatever the male prisoner equivalent is), with his prisoner number stencilled across his chest. Positively precious. He can be my prisoner of love anytime. Call me, Ian!

(FWIW, Jenna Morasca was also in costume, as ... herself as a blonde, apparently. She kind of looked like a $2 Atlantic City hooker, but that's kind of par for the course, for her. Although, she did have all her clothes on, which is a bit unusual in Jennaland.)

Oh, and middleman? You rock my socks. I swear to Cecil, you really do. All you guys do, actually. I am totally going to have the Best. Funeral. Ever! I have the music picked out already, too. Do we all like AC/DC? Because I don't think there is any better kick-ass funeral music in the world than Howlie singing "Amazing Grace," followed immediately by Back in Black on the stereo with the volume turned up to "Demolition."

The Big Cheese
11-01-2005, 07:13 AM
Aaaand next time it would help to actually read page 2 of the thread before replying about 12 hours late. :smack:
that's ok, I'm getting old and it takes twice to sink in.

Wasn't it her ELEPHANT that was broken?? I do watch that show.

rockle
11-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Wasn't it her ELEPHANT that was broken?? I do watch that show.
Gretchen & Meredith had the broken elephant. But it was Colin who uttered the absolute best line in the absolute best moment in the entire history of television and maybe the Universe itself: "My ox is BROKEN! This is BULLSHIT!" This was shortly followed by: "Oh my God, I HATE you!" He was crying when he said it. Crying! It was sublime. (To this day, "My ox is broken" is my default excuse for when something doesn't get done correctly, on time, or at all.)

Ellis Dee
11-01-2005, 11:45 AM

He also has been given a second chance for no reason and both he and Stephanie should have been voted off immediately. Why are they still on?He was given a second chance because he was never voted off, or so goes the official party line.

If that's the case, though, where's that dude who fell in the fire in one of the earlier seasons?

BiblioCat
11-01-2005, 11:48 AM
If that's the case, though, where's that dude who fell in the fire in one of the earlier seasons?
Michael Skupin. I was hoping to see him on All-Stars, but he wasn't there. I would have liked to see him get another chance, rather than some of the jerks :: cough:: Boston Rob ::cough:: they had on it.

Draelin
11-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Yes, rockle is kinda scary, but rockle also knows how to share, and wouldn't want Ian to end up with some ungrateful tall woman just because she herself was dead.

Or, at least, that's what I will continue to tell myself.

rockle
11-01-2005, 12:04 PM
... just because she herself was dead.
Hey, I've seen Ghost. Just because I'm dead doesn't mean I can't have any fun, you know? And if Draelin doesn't mind sharing, neither do I.

middleman
11-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Dambit, rockle! Now I can't get "Unchained Melody" out of my head.

rockle
11-01-2005, 02:29 PM
:cool: Sorry.

Draelin
11-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Don't worry, I can fix this ....

I'm Henry the Eighth, I am!
Henry the Eighth I am, I am
I got married to the widow next door,
She's been married seven times before!
'Round here, everyone is an Henry
Wouldn't have a Willie or a Sam (no Sam!)
I'm her eighth old man named Henry
Henry the Eighth I am, I am,
Henry the Eighth I am!

Yes, I hate me for that, too.

rockle
11-01-2005, 05:23 PM
[earworm]
Yours is better than mine. I've been singing "We are Flintstones kids, ten million strong and growing" for the last two days. Needless to say, I would very much like to kill myself.

middleman
11-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Don't worry, I can fix this ....

I'm Henry the Eighth, I am!
Henry the Eighth I am, I am
I got married to the widow next door,
She's been married seven times before!
'Round here, everyone is an Henry
Wouldn't have a Willie or a Sam (no Sam!)
I'm her eighth old man named Henry
Henry the Eighth I am, I am,
Henry the Eighth I am!

Yes, I hate me for that, too.

That's just cold.

BiblioCat
11-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Yours is better than mine. I've been singing "We are Flintstones kids, ten million strong and growing" for the last two days. Needless to say, I would very much like to kill myself.
I hate you now. That's what I always get stuck - damn TV commercial snippets. This one'll never leave.

:smack:

phungi
11-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Episode 8 can't get here fast enough!

Draelin
11-02-2005, 02:41 PM
There is one particular 80's Saturday Morning commercial that is so evil, even I will not utter it aloud--despite the fact that it's already stuck in my head.

Don't do it. I'm warning you.
I'm really glad they made the Children's Aid Society.

rockle
11-02-2005, 03:21 PM
There is one particular 80's Saturday Morning commercial that is so evil, even I will not utter it aloud--despite the fact that it's already stuck in my head.
I looked at the spoiler box, and ... I don't know that one! Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

But some days -- not today, thankfully -- I can remember all the words to the voice-over at the beginning of the Masters of the Universe cartoon, and the words to the theme song from Jem. Sometimes, both at the same time.

middleman
11-02-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm sorry our battles have had to come to this!

The "chorus" from Tom's Diner by Susan Vega. Doo-Dud-Doo-Dah, Doo-Dud-Doo-Dah!
You know what I'm talking about!

MissTake
11-02-2005, 03:54 PM
It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all
Thank you.

The Big Cheese
11-02-2005, 05:25 PM
I looked at the spoiler box, and ... I don't know that one! Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

But some days -- not today, thankfully -- I can remember all the words to the voice-over at the beginning of the Masters of the Universe cartoon, and the words to the theme song from Jem. Sometimes, both at the same time.
never saw the show, but remember the commercial.

Gem is outrageous,
She's truly, truly, truly, outrageous.

Have a nice evening!!!

I think these threads are way more interesting than this show, anyone with me?

middleman
11-02-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm at a loss.

When I read the lyrics to annoying songs, do I pierce my eardrums or rip my eyes out.

BiblioCat
11-02-2005, 07:48 PM
::: starts hating MissTake immediately :::

That was just uncalled for. You are truly mean.

;)

BiblioCat
11-02-2005, 07:56 PM

;)

rockle
11-02-2005, 08:31 PM
OK, MissTake, you asked for it:

All alone at the '64 World's Fair
Eighty dolls yelling "Small girl after all!"
Who was at the DuPont Pavilion?
Why was the bench still warm?
Who had been there?

Sing-a-long time! We all know the words: "When I was driving once I saw this painted on a bridge ..." Oh, and The Big Cheese? If not for Howlie and the Blowdarts, I would have stopped watching ages ago. But I can't help myself: I'm a sucker for robot pirate monkey butlers with mohawks and coatimundi sidekicks on Vespa scooters.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

MissTake
11-02-2005, 08:31 PM

;)

Hatred in a double post? I'm sooooo lucky!

But BiblioCat I luurrvvveee you!

Wanders off singing "I'm forever blow-wing bubbles! Tiny bubbles in the air..."

The earworms have caused brainrot.

BiblioCat
11-03-2005, 06:47 AM
I don't know why that posted twice. But Small World desrves double hatred.
Since I teach preschool, I get kiddie-song earworms all the time. I am especially vulnerable, and my brain is mush.

Kill me now.

middleman
11-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Von 99 Luftballons
Auf ihrem Weg zum Horizont
Denkst Du vielleicht grad' an mich
Dann singe ich ein Lied fuer Dich
Von 99 Luftballons
Und dass sowas von sowas kommt

That's right....the German version!

phungi
11-03-2005, 08:35 AM
since you, collectively, have scarred my days with unwanted intrusive jingles:

Don't turn around, uh oh Der Kommissar's in town...

rockle
11-03-2005, 10:04 AM
That's right....the German version!
Which to me sounds like "globbaglobbaglobbaglobba Captain Kirk globbaglobba" for approximately 958 years of my youth. Le sigh. Whatever happened to Nena, anyway? And Falco? And for the love of God, where is Taco?

jayjay
11-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Which to me sounds like "globbaglobbaglobbaglobba Captain Kirk globbaglobba" for approximately 958 years of my youth. Le sigh. Whatever happened to Nena, anyway? And Falco? And for the love of God, where is Taco?

Falco ist tot. He died in 1998 in a car crash. Besides, the English version was by After The Fire.

Nena (the group) broke up but Nena (the lead singer) continued working, releasing hugely successful [url=http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/nena/bio.jhtml] albums (in Europe, anyway) in 2002 and 2005.

Taco, I dunno. Wikipedia only has a stub for him, but it looks like he's doing swing music now.

jayjay
11-03-2005, 11:55 AM
albums (http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/nena/bio.jhtml)

:smack:

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.