PDA

View Full Version : are thailand bar girls really able to...(possibly offensive content)

AllahFearer
10-28-2005, 12:41 PM
are thailand bar girls really able to crack eggs with their vaginal contractions? i've heard of this and i'm very impressed by this...feat of strength, if you will.

Zsofia
10-28-2005, 12:45 PM
If a chicken can't...

Seriously, I doubt it - haven't you ever done the egg experiment where you try to crack an egg in just one hand? You probably can't do it (unless you're wearing a ring.) On the other hand it's quite easy to, say, crack two pecans in one hand. The egg is designed to take that kind of pressure.

Scumpup
10-28-2005, 12:48 PM
What about the ping pong ball trick?

D_Odds
10-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Considering the number of bargirls in Thailand, I would have to answer "no". I can say, with a large degree of certainty, that not all Thai bargirls are able to deshell an egg vaginatically. However, if you are asking if there are any who can do it, I'm sure there are others on this board willing to do the research for you.

Joey P
10-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Hmmm, what screwed up the google ad on this thread?

Carnac the Magnificent!
10-28-2005, 12:52 PM
are thailand bar girls really able to crack eggs with their vaginal contractions? i've heard of this and i'm very impressed by this...feat of strength, if you will.

By chance are you speaking of the Bangkok Denny's?

The food sucks, but the floorshow gets rave reviews.

Dr. Woo
10-28-2005, 01:02 PM
vaginatically

Nice!

AllahFearer
10-28-2005, 01:05 PM
im not speaking of any club in particular nor am i limiting my interest to just thai bar girls able to do the trick. i'd be interested to know who at all can do it. i've not ever been to thailand before, though. i've tried cracking an egg in my hands before and it can be hard but maybe the thai girls use a certain angle to pull it off, or maybe it's just urban legend..or maybe it's a high-tech little device.

What Exit?
10-28-2005, 01:10 PM
What about the ping pong ball trick?

I shouldn't be replying, but I was in Bangkok around 1987 on a West Pac and there was indeed "bargirls" that could do the Ping Pong Ball trick and several others.
I guess it was a once in a lifetime educational trip. Join the Navy, see the raunchiest side of the world.

astro
10-28-2005, 01:11 PM
I've never see these vaginatical tricks, but IIRC the descriptions are more in the mode of multiple hard boiled, de-shelled eggs being inserted into the vagina and then energetically popped out by a performer into the audience (some servicemen catch them in their mouths)

Crandolph
10-28-2005, 01:22 PM
The Patpong district of Bangkok has a fantastic night market and ... some of the world;s most extreme sex shows. Before we get too down on me for attending, not that half the audience was western females who were just as curious. I mean, how do you not look? When in Rome, etc.

Note that all of the midway-barker type Thai dudes who get paid to pull you into the shows have the exact same laminated "menus" of what you can expect to see, written in the format (pardon the language) "PUSSY [verb] [noun]" with very poor English/ no attempt at subject/verb agreement.

The women doing the muscular control stuff are much older than the stripping women. I imagine they've given birth multiple times and ... had an opportunity to practice?! (Hey I don't have these parts, I'm speculating...) I have seen the following (among much other stuff) in Bangkok sex shows:

PUSSY WRITE LETTER
PUSSY DRINK COKE
PUSSY PING PONG (right at audience - POP!)
PUSSY SHOOT DART (At balloons in ceiling, not accurate, sometimes into audience... can't imagine one wants a puncture wound in Patpong...)
PUSSY FOUNTAIN

etc etc

And, indeed, PUSSY CRUSH EGG

Very real, it happens. In between that the younger 'rental' girls (with numbered bikinis so you can order specifically; I did not) do a more average strip show and young nearly nude Thai boys juggle firey sticks.

It's a hell of a night out...

elbows
10-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Seen it done, but no way can they all do it.

Really, I went to Thailand many times before I was finally coaxed into seeing one of the shows. I mean, how interesting can it be for a girl to watch?

Well, I stand corrected. It was absolutely captivating. Sure the men were drooling, me, I was asking, "How are they doing that?", I wanted pointers damn it!

Open a beer bottle, play a harmonica, shoot an arrow, all vaginally. Don't get me started on what they could do with their breasts. I didn't think you could do such impressive things with tiny little boobies like mine. Live and learn.

I spent the entire following month on the beach trying to train the twins, without success for all my efforts. Sometimes, when I'm in the shower I still give it a try, perhaps you have to begin when they're young who knows?

Ethilrist
10-28-2005, 01:23 PM
maybe it's just urban legend...
ya think?

aldiboronti
10-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Google to the rescue.

Facts and rumours of vaginal strength and vaginal control (http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4502/vagfacts.html)

Anaamika
10-28-2005, 01:43 PM
PUSSY WRITE LETTER
PUSSY DRINK COKE
PUSSY SHOOT DART (At balloons in ceiling, not accurate, sometimes into audience... can't imagine one wants a puncture wound in Patpong...)
PUSSY FOUNTAIN

etc etc

This, and your little commentary, is making me giggle wildly at work. I'm so glad there's only one other person here!

mswas
10-28-2005, 01:55 PM
I have definitely experienced pussy muscles that are pretty strong. The Kegel muscles get stronger as one gets older, has kids etc... I'd definitely believe that some women could do it, though have never seen it done myself.

Erek

CalMeacham
10-28-2005, 02:19 PM
Seriously, I doubt it - haven't you ever done the egg experiment where you try to crack an egg in just one hand? You probably can't do it (unless you're wearing a ring.) On the other hand it's quite easy to, say, crack two pecans in one hand. The egg is designed to take that kind of pressure.

Might I suggest that, while a vagina alone can't crush an egg, one that has some "help" -- some device like this "ring" that's worn on the finger, might be able to do so easily. I can imagine an appropriately-made device being inserted that allows the woman to bear down on one spot on the egg, the same way that a hard ring applies pressure to one spot on a egg in your hand.

It's all sleight of hand. Or something.

astro
10-28-2005, 02:27 PM

I don't know about that, pussies are capable of manipulating and crushing many large and powerful things.

CalMeacham
10-28-2005, 02:34 PM
I don't know about that, pussies are capable of manipulating and crushing many large and powerful things.

Speaking as a guy, that is one scary thought.

ShibbOleth
10-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Minor Nitpick:

Bar girl = girl who works/sits in a beer bar, normally, might chat up the customers and play Connect-4, bring cool towels, etc. (most "bar beers" are outdoors -- it can get hot and muggy).

Gogo dancer - girl who works in a "gogo", makes a half-hearted effort at dancing, usually in a bikini of somesort. Might also be referred to as a bar girl.

Khun Purachai, who was in charge of law enforcement effected a crackdown on adult entertainment in Thailand. This has, according to reports, been successful, although the amount of success may vary from province to province and even police district to police district. It's my understanding that at least for a while all of the shows and anything involving nudity was pretty much halted. May be back on again, and you may be able to find shows like this somewhere. But maybe not. And it's probably a handful of "performers", who mostly don't fit into either category above, though they may well have before "graduating" to a different level, that would be able to do these sorts of things. Most likely these are women who aren't making money the "easy way" anymore. It's not some sort of class that Thai bargirls would take before gaining employment.

It's also important to note that maybe 99% of Thai girls/women (not Thai bargirls) would never work in a bar, and most would never even go into a bar, although I also understand that this is changing a bit with the times.

cmkeller
10-28-2005, 03:26 PM
elbows:

spent the entire following month on the beach trying to train the twins, without success for all my efforts.

Did you wear a training bra?

Zsofia
10-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Might I suggest that, while a vagina alone can't crush an egg, one that has some "help" -- some device like this "ring" that's worn on the finger, might be able to do so easily. I can imagine an appropriately-made device being inserted that allows the woman to bear down on one spot on the egg, the same way that a hard ring applies pressure to one spot on a egg in your hand.

Yes, that I can see quite easily. But with just the vaginal muscles? It'd be like the one-hand trick and very unlikely - particularly reliably enough to do it as a show. But all you'd have to do is stick something else up there - just a wooden dowel, for example - and then pretend it was just your own musculature.

Crandolph
10-28-2005, 04:46 PM
This, and your little commentary, is making me giggle wildly at work.

Happy to be of service.

Of the hundred or so "menu" items, one was ELECTRIC PUSSY (which is one of about 3 that didn't begin with "PUSSY") - I'm wondering, while we're discussing this, if anyone has seen this or has any idea what this might be? I don't believe that's one I saw...

Terminus Est
10-28-2005, 04:55 PM
Happy to be of service.

Of the hundred or so "menu" items, one was ELECTRIC PUSSY (which is one of about 3 that didn't begin with "PUSSY") - I'm wondering, while we're discussing this, if anyone has seen this or has any idea what this might be? I don't believe that's one I saw...
I believe this is the one where she lights up an electric bulb with her hoo-ha. Don't ask me how it's done.

Crandolph
10-28-2005, 05:00 PM
I believe this is the one where she lights up an electric bulb with her hoo-ha. Don't ask me how it's done.

... like an X-rated Uncle Fester!

Waverly
10-28-2005, 05:00 PM
People, people… Lesson the one. If it seems even remotely possible, however bizarre, rest assured it is being done. Often. Lesson the two. If you think you are being fooled, rest assured that you are. Egg shells weaken in vinegar after just a couple hours. Yes, you too can pussy crush egg!! Unless, of course, you have a block and tackle instead of a hose clamp. Then I suppose you could use your arse.

Carnac the Magnificent!
10-28-2005, 05:07 PM
I knew a Thai gal who could rustle up a steaming plate of huevos rancheros, without so much as touching a skillet. Or a stove.

DocCathode
10-28-2005, 05:40 PM

Exactly how you think it's done, with a trick bulb. Plenty of varieties are available for ten bucks and under. If you have ten dollars, and are willing to secret a piece of aluminum foil in your vagina, then you too can have an electric pussy.

Sam Stone
10-28-2005, 06:17 PM
If a chicken can't...

Do you mean squeezing the egg along its long axis? Yes, it's hard to break an egg that way. But if you mean just squeezing it around the middle, that's an easy thing to do. At least in your hand. I can not speak for other organs.

samclem
10-28-2005, 06:28 PM
Do you mean squeezing the egg along its long axis? Yes, it's hard to break an egg that way. But if you mean just squeezing it around the middle, that's an easy thing to do. At least in your hand. I can not speak for other organs.
Sam. You and I thought along the same vein when I first read this thread. But they're talking about taking an egg in your hand and squeezing it all over in your hand, not with your fingers putting pressure on just one point. Think taking your entire hand and squeezing the entire egg with it, so that the pressure is distributed all over. Does that make sense? I had to Google for this.

danceswithcats
10-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Happy to be of service.

Some say it's mystic
[It's electric Boogie woogie, woogie]
You can't resist it
You can'y do without it

Now that song is stuck in my head, thanks. :p

BobLibDem
10-28-2005, 07:18 PM
I can see it now- Popeil's Vag-O-Matic..... It deshells eggs! It defrosts hot dogs!

Bricker
10-28-2005, 07:24 PM
PUSSY WRITE LETTER
PUSSY DRINK COKE
PUSSY FOUNTAIN

etc etc

And yet nothing really useful, like PUSSY PAINT HOUSE or PUSSY BALANCE CHECKBOOK? I'd say science has a way to go before we can truly claim success in this arena.

samclem
10-28-2005, 07:29 PM
And yet nothing really useful, like PUSSY PAINT HOUSE or PUSSY BALANCE CHECKBOOK? I'd say science has a way to go before we can truly claim success in this arena.

Science doesn't sleep when it comes to research. Especially when PUSSY is involved.

Guinastasia
10-28-2005, 07:43 PM
If you have ten dollars, and are willing to secret a piece of aluminum foil in your vagina, then you too can have an electric pussy.

If the mods say okay, can I please use this as my sig?

Anaamika
10-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Stop it! I can't stay serious...this thread has me rolling on the floor.

PUSSY PRACTICE LAW

*giggle*

danceswithcats
10-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Science doesn't sleep when it comes to research. Especially when PUSSY is involved.
Truer words were never spoken, Sir.

DocCathode
10-28-2005, 09:07 PM
If the mods say okay, can I please use this as my sig?

Certainly. Although I was hoping for people everywhere to know the name of Cathode due to MetaConscious Mind Actualization techniques, a Love Bomb, or a race of atomic super men, rather than Electric Pussy.

Carnac the Magnificent!
10-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Imagine what these gals could do with a Pez dispenser

AskNott
10-28-2005, 11:36 PM
Well, now that's another story, one that my 80-year old father told me. If you want the story, I'll have to move it to another forum.

But to get back on track, the shell of an egg can be soaked in vinegar, even to the point where a raw egg can be sucked into a Coke bottle, if you put a piece of burning paper in first. It wouldn't take much experimentation to find the length of time it takes to weaken the shell enough to break it with vaginal muscles, yet appear to be a hard shell.

There are surely some Thai omelet jokes in there somewhere. ;)

GrizzRich
10-29-2005, 03:29 AM

Can PUSSY CLEAN MONITOR?

'Cuz that's what I'm needing right about now.

damn... I should know by now NOT to drink while reading the SDMB

danceswithcats
10-29-2005, 01:43 PM
Can PUSSY CLEAN MONITOR?

'Cuz that's what I'm needing right about now.

damn... I should know by now NOT to drink while reading the SDMB

Here you are: PUSSY CLEAN MONITOR (http://60gp.ovh.net/~cleanyou/). Possibly SFW. ;)

Chronos
10-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Good lord, danceswithcats, where did you find that? Out of context, it would be highly amusing, but in context, I was laughing so hard I could hardly breath.

Horatio Hellpop
10-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Okay, I don't know much about Thai bar girls/dancers/what have you. I do know a little about eggs, though. After you've gotten someone to try unsuccessfully to break an egg with one hand, just do something that will put a tiny little crack anywhere in the shell--smack it on a pointy surface out of view, jab a tack into it, whatever. It will break easily and at will, and no one in the audience will be able to see the microscopic crack you put in it. And I bet Thai bar girls have all sorts of ways to divert your attention while they fracture the egg.

wonderlust
10-29-2005, 06:04 PM
Be sure to read Bangkok Eight and Bangkok Tattoo, and not just for its setting in Thai sex trade. Great books, I learned a lot.

wonderlust
10-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Oops, Bangkok 8, not Bangkok Eight. Btw the full Thai name for Bangkok has about eleventy-nine letters in it, and none of them spell Bangkok.

Terminus Est
10-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Be sure to read Bangkok Eight and Bangkok Tattoo, and not just for its setting in Thai sex trade. Great books, I learned a lot.
Don't leave us hanging. Tell is if you now have an ELECTRIC PUSSY.

wonderlust
10-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Um...I have no idea why you're asking me that, nor what it has to do with the books I recommended.

AskNott
10-30-2005, 12:19 AM
Um...I have no idea why you're asking me that, nor what it has to do with the books I recommended.
Probably a cybertypo.

wonderlust
10-30-2005, 01:18 AM
Oh I see, wrong reply button.

I thought maybe it was a replacement line for "so...how you doin'?"

DocCathode
10-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Oh I see, wrong reply button.

I don't think so. It was a perfectly valid response in the context of this thread. Considering that you neglected to tell us anything about those books other than their titles, you and only you can tell us whether it was an especially relevant response.

Fish
10-30-2005, 02:23 AM
I attended a traveling show while it was in town. It was put on exclusive by former (and current, one guesses) members of the sex worker industry.

One such woman on stage had been told by her doctor at a young age (eight or nine?) to exercise the muscles used in micturation and voiding urine. I believe this was because the young girl had problems leaking. She was given an exercise regimen of clenching those muscles a certain number of times daily, several times a day.

Unfortunately, so her story went, the doctor never told her to stop doing the exercises, and years later she began to realize what she could use them for.

I could never verify if her story was correct. I'm tossing this out there just in case any valiant Doper women wish to... er... conduct some research on behalf of the SDMB. :D

Mr2001
10-30-2005, 03:05 AM
Wait, it's supposed to be impossible to break an egg with one hand?

I just tried it: I put an egg in my hand and clenched my fist. It gave a surprising amount of resistance, but then BANG! It exploded and got raw egg all over my kitchen sink, wall, and cabinet. I don't think I want to try it a second time, and I neglected to get it on camera, but I do have a witness.

Does it have to be a certain kind of egg?

DocCathode
10-30-2005, 08:45 AM
Wait, it's supposed to be impossible to break an egg with one hand?

I just tried it: I put an egg in my hand and clenched my fist. It gave a surprising amount of resistance, but then BANG!

It's not supposed to be impossible, just very dificult. When you clench your fist around an egg, the shape distributes the pressure. This means that most people cannot break an egg this way. However, if you forget to take of rings, have strong enough hands, or fall into various other categories then you can do it. Years ago when I first read this fun science fact, the whole family tried it. My bubby, could break an egg in one hand. Her opinion was that her hand no longer applied even pressure due to arthritis and other ailments.

Terminus Est
10-30-2005, 11:10 AM
I don't think so. It was a perfectly valid response in the context of this thread. Considering that you neglected to tell us anything about those books other than their titles, you and only you can tell us whether it was an especially relevant response.
Yes. The joke's not funny anymore after you explain it.

Tristan
10-30-2005, 11:35 AM
Just wanted to jump on and say that the Google ad has totally given up, and is just shilling for Hurricane Relief.

PUSSY BUILD HOUSE
PUSSY SWEEP STREET
PUSSY FIX LEVEE

"That giant sucking sound you hear... "

Crandolph
10-30-2005, 12:11 PM
I think I should point out that it's not as if observers of the egg "trick" are being suckered in any particular way. It isn't presented as a feat of strength so much as a sort of feat of... a sort of agility I suppose. A precision of muscle tone. No one said it was a magic show.

Altered egg or not it's not any less interesting to observe.

I'm trying to picture the ever-cynical, ever-guarded Doper watching the letter trick and the liquid tricks and the blowgun dart and ping pong stuff, then seeing the egg routine and saying "The egg is clearly altered! What a rip-off - I'm outta here!!!"

DocCathode
10-30-2005, 12:25 PM
I think I should point out that it's not as if observers of the egg "trick" are being suckered in any particular way. It isn't presented as a feat of strength so much as a sort of feat of... a sort of agility I suppose. A precision of muscle tone. No one said it was a magic show.

Clearly you missed the barkers for

Pussy saw woman in half

Pussy unlink rings

Pussy pen through card

Pussy levitate woman

and of course

Hey Rocky, wanna watch me pull a rabbit out of my pussy?"

wonderlust
10-30-2005, 12:38 PM
I don't think so. It was a perfectly valid response in the context of this thread. Considering that you neglected to tell us anything about those books other than their titles, you and only you can tell us whether it was an especially relevant response. :confused: I wrote that they were both set in the Thai sex trade and that I learned a lot from them. Not wanting to hijack the thread, I left it up to people to check it out online if it interested them. Not sure why that invited the response, but whatever.

*note to self: don't recommend books on SMDB*

RaftPeople
10-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Sam. You and I thought along the same vein when I first read this thread. But they're talking about taking an egg in your hand and squeezing it all over in your hand, not with your fingers putting pressure on just one point. Think taking your entire hand and squeezing the entire egg with it, so that the pressure is distributed all over. Does that make sense? I had to Google for this.

My kids told me I couldn't crush an egg that way, so we did an experiment.

The kids thought it was pretty dang funny when the contents of the eggs shot out to the left and the right all over the walls, microwave, telephone, etc.

Crandolph
10-30-2005, 01:07 PM
and of course

Hey Rocky, wanna watch me pull a rabbit out of my pussy?"

I have the feeling that somewhere, someone is doing this...

Happy Lendervedder
10-30-2005, 01:36 PM
:confused: I wrote that they were both set in the Thai sex trade and that I learned a lot from them. Not wanting to hijack the thread, I left it up to people to check it out online if it interested them. Not sure why that invited the response, but whatever.

*note to self: don't recommend books on SMDB*

You ended your original recommendation with "I learned alot." To disect the humor is sort of defeating the humor, but Terminus Est was wondering if, from the books, you learned how to light a lightbuld with your vagina. I'm sure Terminus Est didn't think the books were actually how-to manuals for Thai sex shows, so that's where his response becomes humorous.

Joke. Just a joke. Feel free to recommend other books.

Padeye
10-30-2005, 04:06 PM
I never thought I would speak of the peso lady again.

The feature at at Jolo's bar in Ologapo City, Philippines not far from the gate at the former Subic Bay naval station did coin tricks and I don't mean pulling an English penny from behind your ear. She would stack peso coins on a bottle and pick them up. The trick whas when she made change, clink, clink, clink.

As for strength well, I once met a woman who reminded me of a sphygmomanometer but with more pressure.

Colibri
10-30-2005, 04:19 PM
As for strength well, I once met a woman who reminded me of a sphygmomanometer but with more pressure.

I do hope you were having your blood pressure measured somewhere other than around your biceps.

Toaster
10-30-2005, 05:22 PM
You mean like this (http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/mary_toft.html)?

DocCathode
10-30-2005, 05:32 PM

Search the internet for "Bunny Mommy". Two or three centuries ago, an English woman claimed to have had a dream about rabbits sitting in her lap. She claimed that this dream resulted in her becoming pregnant with rabbits. She began producing dead rabbits, and rabbit organs saying that she had given birth to them. After some notoriety, a doctor was called in to witness one of these births. He attested that the dead rabbit had indeed come from Bunny Mommy's birth canal. Later, another group of scientists determined that the rabbits were not stillborn, but had breathed air. It became clear that an accomplice would smuggle in rabbits, and the Bunny Mommy would insert them before a performance.

I find the story of Bunny Mommy increasingly useful as so many people complain about reality show contestants debasing themselves for money, and how society has started awarding fame for things that are disgusting or immoral.

Brightpenny

What about including a link to the book's Amazon page? What about including a capsule much like that found on the book's back cover? Both would be very informative without hijacking the thread.

danceswithcats
10-30-2005, 05:53 PM
I attended a traveling show while it was in town. It was put on exclusive by former (and current, one guesses) members of the sex worker industry.

One such woman on stage had been told by her doctor at a young age (eight or nine?) to exercise the muscles used in micturation and voiding urine. I believe this was because the young girl had problems leaking. She was given an exercise regimen of clenching those muscles a certain number of times daily, several times a day.

Unfortunately, so her story went, the doctor never told her to stop doing the exercises, and years later she began to realize what she could use them for.

I could never verify if her story was correct. I'm tossing this out there just in case any valiant Doper women wish to... er... conduct some research on behalf of the SDMB. :D

This brings to mind a new type of ultrahero. What's that up in the sky? It's a bird. It's a plane. Check out her Brazilian wax! :cool: IT'S SUPERPUSSY!
Yes, Superpussy, from the planet Kegel can bend iron bars, tear telephone books in half, crush rocks, and queef out forest fires with her super-strong vaginal muscles. :eek: Let's see what the crotchless-panty wearing crime fighter is doing today...

Happy Lendervedder
10-30-2005, 08:39 PM
This brings to mind a new type of ultrahero. What's that up in the sky? It's a bird. It's a plane. Check out her Brazilian wax! :cool: IT'S SUPERPUSSY!
Yes, Superpussy, from the planet Kegel can bend iron bars, tear telephone books in half, crush rocks, and queef out forest fires with her super-strong vaginal muscles. :eek: Let's see what the crotchless-panty wearing crime fighter is doing today...

When she's not squeezing the will to live out of evil-doers, Super Pussy, unbeknownst to those around her, lives day-to-day as a timid, bookish, big-city librarian, Kim L. Towe.

And when she's not at work in the library, or fighting crime, you might better know her as niche porn star, Molly Floppers.

DocCathode
10-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Actually, as revealed on one of HBO's Real Sex specials, there is a Superpussy comic. I can't remember much about it and don't really want to search on that title.

Crandolph
10-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Superpussy is in fact the name of a Patpong sex show club. They use the Superman S, I think it's safe to say without the knowledge or permission of DC Comics.

I knew about Bunny Mommy (that seems to be the sort of thing people attracted to the SDMB wold be into), I was specualting that might be a current entertainment offering somewhere.

Eggerhaus
10-30-2005, 10:35 PM

Sleight of pussy? :D

bonzer
10-31-2005, 07:38 AM
Search the internet for "Bunny Mommy".

Since that's actually not a particularly helpful search term, the woman you were thinking of who claimed to be giving birth to stillborn rabbits in Georgian England was Mary Toft (http://skepdic.com/toft.html).

samclem
10-31-2005, 07:55 AM
Well, I think the OP has been answered sufficiently. Let's wrap this one up.

samclem GQ moderator

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.