View Full Version : Can I Buy A Little Rubber Keyboard Dome?

Lama Pacos
04-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Someone pulled off one of my laptop keys, and I need to put it back on, but I lost the little rubber dome. Is it buyable somewhere?

04-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Probably not.

Fortunately, laptop keyboards are fairly easy to replace if you're good at working with tiny things. Google >your laptop model keyboard replace< without quotes and chances are good that one of the links on the first page will be to the maker's website giving instructions.

Head over to eBay and search for your laptop model and the word keyboard. eg: >Thinkpad T41 keyboard< without quotes. In this case, you can get a replacement for anywhere from $20 - 40, plus shipping.

Of course, if you're still in warranty. check with the maker first. It might be covered.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.