PDA

View Full Version : The Band my Drummer Produces - on Letterman!!

WordMan
11-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Tonight (Thursday, Nov 30th) - the band is Shiny Toy Guns, out of LA - I have posted about them in the past. They just got the word late last night. My friend - he's a record producer by day and the drummer in my band for fun - is headed to the Ed Sullivan Theater right now to watch the taping this afternoon and potentially help create the TV mix.

Too cool - watch it live or set your TiVO!!!

WordMan
11-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh - and their music is 80's sounding dance electronica, with more guitar in it than bands back then. With over 8 million Myspace downloads, they are doing pretty well...

http://www.myspace.com/shinytoyguns

Birdmonster
11-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Very odd. I'd never heard of them till last night: they're playing our San Francisco, yearly festival's afterparty (Not So Silent Night), a show we played last year as the selected "locals" and actually get to judge a contest for this year's locals in---what is it---four days? And yes, they seem to be doing VERY well. Not my cup of tea, but tell your drummer he did a wonderful job. The tones are thick and they really fit the sound the band's going for. IMHO.

WordMan
11-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Not my cup of tea, but tell your drummer he did a wonderful job. The tones are thick and they really fit the sound the band's going for. IMHO.

Thanks, I will - you shoulda heard their mixes before he got to work on them. So damn overloaded - each song was well over 128 tracks. Everything go buried. He has kept working with them to strip out the tracks so that what remains sounds bigger...

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.