PDA

View Full Version : Weird Firefox 2.0 problem

BarnOwl
12-03-2006, 11:55 AM
As those of you who are familiar with the Firefox 2.0 browser, we have a window that shows our Bookmarks.

I decided to do some house cleaning and began deleting most of my now worthless Bookmarks. It went along uneventfully until I tried to get rid of

http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/weight

I right- or left-clicked on it and it opened in that same skinny window where my Bookmarks are and I can't get rid of it. It's sitting there, right on top of my Bookmarks.

I opened a new tab and brought that piece of crap into it to see if there was a Contact Us. No dice.

I even Restarted my computer but when I opened the browser there was it was.

Any suggestions?

GusNSpot
12-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Were you using the "Organize' function or were you just doing it in the normal window?

I bet you clicked on an link in the bookmark folder and and it is opening every time because it is just sitting in there in the open condition.

Somehow you moved an open window into the "Bookmark" file. Have you been into tools yet?

I have never found anything that I could not get rid of by using the 'Organize' function.

BarnOwl
12-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Were you using the "Organize' function or were you just doing it in the normal window?

I bet you clicked on an link in the bookmark folder and and it is opening every time because it is just sitting in there in the open condition.

Somehow you moved an open window into the "Bookmark" file. Have you been into tools yet?

I have never found anything that I could not get rid of by using the 'Organize' function.

I wasn't using "Organize." I was doing this bookmark deletions in the skinny window that is to the left of the standard window.

Everything went smoothly until that damned conversion URL opened in the Bookmark Window.

I just used Organize to delete the offending URL, but the damned page is still in the BM window.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.