PDA

View Full Version : Rolled Cookie Recipes, Please

gfloyd
02-11-2008, 06:11 PM
I want to make heart shaped cookies tomorrow, but I can't find an rolled cookie recipes that excite me. I was thinking a spice cookie, but I'm not picky. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

devilsknew
02-11-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm thinking for something a little different... Caraway Cookies with clove and blackpepper and an orange icing.

Just add a tablespoon of coarse cracked pepper, and a 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves to this Caraway Cookie Recipe-

Caraway Cookies

1 cup soft butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons buttermilk
teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour -- sifted
1 tablespoon caraway seed
Cream butter and sugar. Add unbeaten eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add buttermilk with soda and flour. Add caraway seeds.

Chill for a few hours. Roll out to -inch thickness and cut with a cookie cutter. Sprinkle with sugar and bake 20 minutes in a preheated 350 oven.

Make a simple icing with powdered sugar and orange juice. Use your choice of food coloring.

devilsknew
02-11-2008, 08:23 PM
... Actually the clove would probably be more effective as an addition to the icing. So, maybe, Caraway and Blackpepper Cookies with Orange and Clove Icing, would be better?

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.