PDA

View Full Version : Q about 2/13 ep of "Law and Order"

Acsenray
02-14-2008, 02:49 PM
"Law and Order" episode "Illegal," aired Feb. 13 -- Who was the actor who played the prosecutor fired by Jack McCoy? He looked an awful like Bradley Whitford, but I can't find a listing anywhere that features his name among the "Law and Order" cast.

h.sapiens
02-14-2008, 03:03 PM
I wasn't watching very closely, but I'm pretty sure it was John Pankow (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0659601/). The credit isn't on his IMDb page yet. I remember him as Paul's cousin Ira on "Mad About You".

Acsenray
02-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Ah! Yes, that's it. I knew the guy was familiar from somewhere.

I'm not really a regular viewer of "Law and Order." Was this a one-off appearance? Because I got the idea there was some history ... he obviously had hoped to get Jack's job.

h.sapiens
02-14-2008, 03:40 PM
I watch pretty frequently, and I don't remember the character being on previously. John Pankow has guested on L&O before, but not, as far as I know, playing this character. I think they wanted to create some big drama and conflict for Jack McCoy. Maybe they'll have him back, since it looks like Jack is now going to have to run for office if he wants to keep the job.

ShadowFacts
02-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Ah! Yes, that's it. I knew the guy was familiar from somewhere.

I'm not really a regular viewer of "Law and Order." Was this a one-off appearance? Because I got the idea there was some history ... he obviously had hoped to get Jack's job.

I've seen 99.99% of all L&O episodes and I believe this was a one-off appearance. It's possible they would bring him back to continue the arc of McCoy's new job troubles, but I doubt it.

Amok
02-14-2008, 04:37 PM
They very rarely show any ADAs other than the ones in the main cast, it seems like. When they showed the guy who used to be Cousin Ira, I was like "who the hell is this guy?" Took me awhile to figure out he was another ADA.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.