PDA

View Full Version : Gilles Legris: What about him?

Bites When Provoked
04-06-2008, 09:12 AM
My Google-fu has failed me. :(

A friend of mine has asked me to help her find information on an artist named Gilles Legris. She's after biographical info - a 'who, where, why', as she put it.

She's tried Wikipedia, and I've done the Google thing and also searched Amazon for books - but no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions for websites or books that might help? I'm right out of ideas.

Exapno Mapcase
04-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Are you sure you're spelling it right?

Critical1
04-06-2008, 01:27 PM
if you tried google for a simple name search and came up blank you are doing some thing wrong. either miss spelling or there is no Gilles Legris at all. (I could be wrong but I really really doubt it.)

Idlewild
04-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Google isn't coming up blank. I just tried it myself. It's simply not coming up with an easy link for biographical info - just links to buy posters of his artwork.

Bites When Provoked
04-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks, Idlewild - that's what I found, too. Plenty of chances to buy his gear, nothing on the guy's life.

At least I've now satisfied myself that it wasn't just some obvious, embarrassing error on my part: the guy really is that elusive!

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.