PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to Turducken

Cartooniverse
11-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Seems there are a lot of possible tasty combinations. Here's my thankful offering to start things off:

Pelky.

Pork tenderloin stuffed inside of Elk meat stuffed inside of a turkey.

Cartooniverse

Sunspace
11-27-2008, 09:53 AM
I never heard of turducken until I read about it on the Dope... but this thread reminds me that I have seen it in the wild, so to speak, in Toronto! I was on the subway going home and someone else had a big sealed bag labeled 'Turducken'. It must have been a kit.

I admit that 'pelky' rolls of the tongue better than 'turducken' though. They both sound tasty.

Mama Tiger
11-27-2008, 10:55 AM
My SIL got a terducken for Thanksgiving this year. My daughter will be in attendance. I cannot wait to hear how delicious it is -- assuming they all survive the experience of that rich a main course on top of the rest of T'day dinner, that is!

Chefguy
11-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Turdfucken: A frog inside a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey.

Szlater
11-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Ten bird roast (River Cottage Style):

Woodcock, inside a Partridge, inside a Pigeon, inside a Pheasant, inside a Guinea fowl, inside a Mallard, inside a Chicken, inside a Aylesbury Duck, inside a Goose, inside a Turkey. All the birds have a stuffing of minced pork, goose fat, herbs and mace inside them as well.

JustAnotherGeek
11-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Ten bird roast (River Cottage Style):
<snip>

As frightening as that is...

Try the 17 layer version! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken#Variations)

Mangetout
11-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Turdfucken: A frog inside a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey.

A peregrine falcon stuffed inside an anteater stuffed inside a Shih Tzu. We could call it ShitEatingGrin.

blondebear
11-27-2008, 07:00 PM
There are several versions of baked camel that include stuffing it with some combination of lamb, turkey, chicken, carp, seagull eggs, rice, almonds, pine nuts, pistachios, and cooking in a pit for two days.

Cartooniverse
11-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Baked camel? Well...wow. Howzat taste???

Napier
11-27-2008, 10:15 PM
>There are several versions of baked camel that include stuffing it with some combination of lamb, turkey, chicken, carp, seagull eggs, rice, almonds, pine nuts, pistachios, and cooking in a pit for two days.

I think this is called a "Bedoin Wedding Feast".

But, then, until now I thought Turducken was just a brand of canned cat food. In fact, I can't stop marveling that people can sell a food whose name starts with "Turd", and at a premium price to boot.

Kozmik
11-27-2008, 11:50 PM
There's Tofurkey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tofurkey).

Isamu
11-28-2008, 01:28 AM
Anything will do. Just stop putting that name into thread titles, please. Everyone realises how disgusting it it to read in threads about food, right? .. right?

Cartooniverse
12-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Nope.

:D

Marley23
12-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Moved over to Cafe Society.

lieu
12-03-2008, 10:06 AM
I wonder... is it like Saki in that it's best served at 98.6 degrees? That might be a little disturbing; someone to hand you a plate of turducken and whisper "Here... it's still at body temp."

KneadToKnow
12-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Stuffed manicotti (http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=10522198&postcount=17)

Ludovic
12-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Tofu stuffed into chicken - Tofucken.

Cartooniverse
12-03-2008, 02:55 PM
---golf clap---

DanBlather
12-03-2008, 02:59 PM
There are several versions of baked camel that include stuffing it with some combination of lamb, turkey, chicken, carp, seagull eggs, rice, almonds, pine nuts, pistachios, and cooking in a pit for two days.Tofu stuffed inside a camel? The name is obvious.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.