PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo!mail login displays blank page, any workaround?

The Devil's Grandmother
04-07-2009, 06:08 PM
I've been trying to read my yahoo mail, and it keeps saying the page is done loading, but it's a blank page? Refresh does not work. Anybody else having this problem? Anybody know a solution?

04-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Try pushing CTRL-F5 to force a full refresh.

Try clearing your cache and cookies.

Try a different (http://www.google.com/chrome) web (www.firefox.com) browser (www.opera.com).

Try the mobile version (m.yahoo.com/mail) or the secure login (https://mail.yahoo.com/).

maleinblack
04-07-2009, 07:16 PM
You could try signing in on the Yahoo! home page and then click on 'Check Mail' on that page itself. It should redirect you straight to the inbox.

Bluffcityguy
04-08-2009, 06:50 AM
I've been trying to read my yahoo mail, and it keeps saying the page is done loading, but it's a blank page? Refresh does not work. Anybody else having this problem? Anybody know a solution?I was having that problem yesterday (Tuesday, 4/7/09) for about an hour or so. The issue then seemed to resolve itself.

Unless someone comes up with another answer I'm assuming the problem was with Yahoo and leaving it at that.

Cheers,

bcg

Bluffcityguy
04-08-2009, 06:53 AM
Try a different (http://www.google.com/chrome) web (www.firefox.com) browser (www.opera.com).I use Firefox almost exclusively (there are a few internal-to-my-employer websites which only render correctly in IE, so I can't ditch it completely), and the problem the OP complains of was manifesting on Firefox.

As I mentioned in my previous reply, it seems it was a short-lived problem. I'm blaming Yahoo until someone tells me differently.

Cheers,

bcg

The Devil's Grandmother
04-08-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm all for blaming yahoo, and as the problem manifested both at work and at home I might even be right in doing so. It's back working the morning, so hopefully what ever was weird yesterday has been resolved.
Thanks for the suggestions, and a special thanks to the very speedy Reply.

Bluffcityguy
04-08-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm all for blaming yahoo, and as the problem manifested both at work and at home I might even be right in doing so.See, this is why I think that network computing is a bad idea. Granting, this was email, which is by its very nature a network application, but dammit, I don't want my spreadsheets (e.g.) out on the 'net where some network glitch beyond my control will make my data inaccessible...

Ok, I'm better now...

Cheers,

bcg

04-08-2009, 01:11 PM
See, this is why I think that network computing is a bad idea. Granting, this was email, which is by its very nature a network application, but dammit, I don't want my spreadsheets (e.g.) out on the 'net where some network glitch beyond my control will make my data inaccessible...

Ok, I'm better now...

Cheers,

bcg

Gmail Offline (a Labs feature) now allows you to cache all your messages on your hard drive, work with them, send replies, etc. and it'll synchronize everything once you reconnect.

Same applies to Docs, Calendar, and maybe others.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.